• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Four Reboot Teaser Trailer released
Fantastic Four Reboot Teaser Trailer released
http://www.youtube.com/v/e-BVs-KCSiA&ve ... tube_gdata
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Oh, this is gonna suck harder then an industrial vacuum cleaner...

From the tiny glimpse of him, The Thing does look better than the previous live action version, but otherwise... yeah. Sad
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Nice theme music, though. Most likely the same people who did the theme music for the Star Trek reboot.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

can't really tell much about the storyline. 
I can't help wondering if they took a different script and shoehorned it into a Fantastic Four framework just to keep the rights, and that this may turn out as a 'FF in name only' show.

I've been following the development of this movie for a while (Life long F4 fan here). It's lurched from one train wreck to the next. Director fired, replaced, fired, replaced, it's announced as a found footage style movie, that's abandoned, scrapped, restarted, Doom is a Russian internet blogger, Johnny Storm is a black guy while his sister is Caucasian because EQUALITY, Reed is a college student (That's taken from the Ultimate F4 reboot comic, which was a terrible piece of shit), it's not REALLY a superhero movie, instead being about four people with horrible disabilities trying to have a remotely normal life...

Absolute mess.

I'm willing to give it a chance, but at the same time, maybe it'll fail badly enough that the rights will revert to Marvel proper...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Matrix Dragon wrote:
Doom is a Russian internet blogger
You just lost me completely.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Quote:Matrix Dragon wrote:
Doom is a Russian internet blogger
You just lost me completely.
I swear to assorted Gods, I did not add that for comedy. It was during one of the various directors 'REALISM!' moods.
Oh for Farquar's sake!
You would think that these collected heads of knuckle would eventually figure it out.
This is modern mythology; you can twist it, massage it, update it and polish it to a fine shine; provided that you keep the key beats alive and vital.
You also have to accept that the genre is at its core batshit crazy.  Take any concept of realism, ball it up and chuck it out the window.
Marvel has consistently demonstrated that they understand this;  hell, they managed to do the Jack Kirby Space Vikings and have it come off like Shakespeare (having Kenneth Branagh behind the camera on the first one helped.)
So a gritty, mired in realism, dark and broody Fantastic Four.  Oh this can only end well.
I could be wrong.  This may be a perfect superhero film that descends from on high like a thousand hand-jobs from the heavenly hosts themselves; spreading joy and wonder to all who put down their hard earned to view it.
But let me be the first to say, I have my doubts.