Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monty Oum Hospitalised [UPDATED!!!]
Monty Oum Hospitalised [UPDATED!!!]
See Rooster Teeth post http://roosterteeth.com/news/entry.php?id=5427280]HERE.

Fortunately his medical costs are now covered (in HOURS! GO TEAM!!!), but they don't know if he'll make it.

.... Yeesh! That fund is already nearing 200%! At least they won't have to worry about unforeseen medical expenses.

I really hope he pulls through.

Almost triple now. Wonder what it was that caught him so unexpectedly.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Most likely thing I can think of is car accident. I don't know anything about his general health, besides his workaholic tendencies.

Monty has passed away. The Rooster Teeth site is getting hammered but the link is http://roosterteeth.com/news/entry.php?id=5448468]HERE.

Cut and paste from the site:
Quote:Monty Oum has passed away
Our friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover. During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time.

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to.

Monty was 33 years old.

We love you, Monty.
Given how most of ATT's staff are RWBY fans, I felt this was appropriate
http://twitter.com/ATTropes/status/562341359303270400

I issued a tweet expressing our condolences for the loss of Monty Oum, and I for one intend to honor that wish that we do something creative to honor his memory by continuing to make All The Tropes and Orain better places to be creative.

GOD. DAMN. IT. 
GODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNIT...

God. A million-to-one allergy. That's.... God. I - like everyone else - am stunned.

Rest in peace Monty Oum. Thank you so much for everything you made for us and gave us.

I just.... God.

I think Logan's eloquence far exceeds mine at this point.
-- Bob
---------

What Logan and David said.

Fuck.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

He gave us a lot of good entertainment in the short time he was with us ...

Bloody hell.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I've been an utterly bleak mood all day since I heard this...
I finally remembered something - the perfect hook for my dark, BLACK anger. 
(for those not hip to the Latin, the translation is in white - just highlight it below.)
Am I really to believe that these are the acts of a holy God? A just God? A wise God?
To hell with your punishments.
I was your servant here on Earth, your messenger. I did your work.
To hell with your punishments. To hell with you!

The page at GoFundMe is still active, and people are still donating in Monty's memory.

-- Bob
---------

This is completely horrible.

Heard about it on http://reddit.com//r/StardustCrusaders/comments/2ujzsg/ and I've been following the ripples throughout various communities. It's a bit of deja vu for me; I lost a friend a couple months ago, and he was in his early thirties too. There's a feeling of unreality. I just can't abide it, but there's really nothing I can do about it.

'll leave this beautiful eulogy post that Egoraptor wrote here. Two great tastes that go great together!

I've got nothing. Just totally speechless.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

The only way that this makes any logical sense to me, is if God desperately needed someone with superb world-building skills, given the fact that we're discovering a new exoplanet every day.  Carry on Monty, wherever you are.  We'll miss you.
-- ∇×V

Obituary from the New York Times today, online and in print.

This was originally shown at the end of the podcast the other day. Still beautiful.