Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

As I commented in reference to this on a different board, this Bruce is reminding me of Lex Luthor in a 'how dare that alien be more popular than me' way

Zzzzzzz....

Lemme know when Superman turns up to save the day.

Human stupidity is well showcased in this trailer, I think. Superman has tended to be rather more humble than you'd expect in his modern incarnations, and thinks of Earth as his home. Humanity's reaction reeks of racism, stupidity and the unknowing but very real possibility that they end up making him snap.

...don't quite get what sort of hackneyed plot excuse they're coming up with to make two heroic figures fight...

Why would Bruce Wayne side with Bigots and Fear Mongers after his experiences? Even being worried that Sman is too powerful for his own good is a lame excuse - given that Bruce has no oversight and a hell of a lot more economic, political and social power than Sman does.
hollywood - Anything to make a buck....

I can see how this is being portrayed, but frankly, I think it's more of Zack Snyder not getting Superman than anything else. We'll have to see. I may have to actually sit down and watch Man of Steel before I have an opinion.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Bleah
Well that sucks the joy out of a room.
What is it with these guys that they are on the doom and gloom bandwagon?
Now on an intellectual level; it is a good core idea.  If this was a sequel to Watchmen with people looking at Dr. Manhatten as a quasi-religious figure; then it would fit nicely.  A good idea, set in a world and a world framework and mythology that support it.
Dropping Superman into it.  Not so good.  Thematically unrelated and it goes against much of the Superman mythology.  Having Batman show up to dick-punch him on general principles?  Even worse; but they want to get in on that ugly Frank Miller Dark Knight bandwagon.
On a related note - I just watched one of the DC animated films - Superman Vs the Elite - and while not the greatest story, it remains true to the mythology and was a more entertaining film than Man of Steel.  It felt like a Superman story - and played within the framework of the mythology.

Reminds me of the fight between Superman and Batman as depicted in The Dark Knight Returns.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

I'm going to suggest one possible ray of hope ... and if anyone thinks it's too obvious -- hey, no one else here mentioned it:
"Dawn of Justice."  This could be meant as the origin story for the Justice League.  And while I'm at it, it's conceivable, though I don't believe anyone in Hollyweird is that clever, that they're trolling us with the "v" part of the title, and a fight between them will last only long enough for Batman to explain that he's offering an alliance....

"Tell me.  Do you bleed?  You will..." unless we work together....

OK, this is officially weird; I'm being the optimist.  But I prefer to think I'm being a contrarian....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

I was thinking much the same thing, DH -- and didn't say it for the same reasons, that it was pretty obvious. I think this trailer is trolling us with the obligatory "heroes meet and fight" cliche, which will probably happen about 1/3 of the way in. We also know that most of the rest of the Justice League are cast for this film -- it's got to be the DC equivalent to The Avengers and they're just dressing it up as "Batman fights Superman" as a way to "surprise" us.
-- Bob
---------

A much needed bit of levity in the face of all this grimdark: What if Christopher Reeves and Adam West were the leads?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Unfortunately, I think someone is trying to create a film portrayal of their Frank Miller induced wet dreams.

Don't get me wrong. Frank Miller tells a good story. I just wish he wouldn't give his personal touch to characters I like. And I seriously wish that there were not people that worshiped his view of the DC Universe so fervently.

If you really need to know, part of what I despise about Dark Knight is what Frank Miller did to Selina Kyle.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the topic of Frank Miller writing a good story. I've never enjoyed anything of his, and the signs that DC is borrowing from his work for the movies really depresses me.

And now the new trailer from Comic-Con:

-- Bob
---------

.... Well, at least Wonder Woman is finally getting some screen time. :p

"And Wonder Woman was there too!"