Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC's "Legends of Tomorrow" - First Look trailer
DC's "Legends of Tomorrow" - First Look trailer

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Someone in the IO9 comments said that Rip Hunter is being played by Doctor Who's Rory.  I'm not sure I see it, but maybe he's just that good an actor?

Yeah, that's him -- IMDB is listing "Legends of Tomorrow" as his most recent work.
-- Bob
---------

Well, I have not yet seen Arrow, but have the appearances of Professor Stein there had such a Hulk vibe?
Does anyone know why it's "White Canary"?

Yeah, according to the IO9 comments it's because her sister Laurel took over being Black Canary.  I haven't watched nearly that far into Arrow yet, so I can't vouch for that spoiler.
And just in case you want to blow your mind, Professor Stein is this guy:
[Image: ea1262c1ee487a75087ede0803999e1b11d5207b.jpg]
-- Bob
---------

Probably due to fear of backlash from the SJW contingent. :p
EDIT: Just got Ninja'd by Bob.  Appropriate considering it's his board.  Wink

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Yeah, that's him -- IMDB is listing "Legends of Tomorrow" as his most recent work.
The producers on Arrow, Flash and Supergirl love their casting gags. They made Mark Hammil the Trickster because he did the voice in an ep of Justice League, Barry Allens dad is played by the man that played Barry Allen in the 90s Flash show, they cast previous Kryptonians as Karas parents in Supergirl - I'm pretty much certain the moment they realized they were showing a british time traveller, they grabbed the Doctor Who cast list.

Quote:Matrix Dragon wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
The producers on Arrow, Flash and Supergirl love their casting gags. They made Mark Hammil the Trickster because he did the voice in an ep of Justice League, Barry Allens dad is played by the man that played Barry Allen in the 90s Flash show, they cast previous Kryptonians as Karas parents in Supergirl - I'm pretty much certain the moment they realized they were showing a british time traveller, they grabbed the Doctor Who cast list.
They made Mark Hamill the Trickster in both cases because he was the Trickster in the original Flash TV series with John Wesley Shipp, the actor who is playing Barry's dad in the new Flash show. Professor Stein (and Ronnie Raymond) are both from that show, and while their Firestorm is not the Nuclear Man that Gerry Ordway created, he's still pretty cool. I wish they hadn't turned the Atom into Iron Man*, though. I would have preferred the shrinking hero.
(* - Having not seen Ray Palmer in "Arrow" yet, I'm only struck with what I saw in "The Flash." But Brandon Routh is basically playing the squeaky-clean, Boy Scout version of Tony Stark. Complete with power armor.)

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Originaly Brandon Routh was supposed to play Ted Kord, not Ray Palmer. Plans changed and on Arrow's season finale Ray suffered an accident that ties to the last part of the teaser.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

Quote:SilverFang01 wrote:
Originaly Brandon Routh was supposed to play Ted Kord, not Ray Palmer. Plans changed and on Arrow's season finale Ray suffered an accident that ties to the last part of the teaser.
  See, that works. Why did they change it from Kord to Palmer? The Blue Beetle doesn't get enough love as it is.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Probably a rights broughaha involving the "public domain" Golden Age Blue Beetle and the creators of the Silver-Bronze and Modern versions.

That said, they're probably trying to put together or pitched the Jamie Reyes version as its own series for a teen Latino lead character.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote:Foxboy wrote:
Probably a rights broughaha involving the "public domain" Golden Age Blue Beetle and the creators of the Silver-Bronze and Modern versions.

That said, they're probably trying to put together or pitched the Jamie Reyes version as its own series for a teen Latino lead character.
I would approve of the Adventures of Jaime and Paco.  
Ebony the Black Dragon

Well, it seems DC pulled the same idiocy as they did with the Suicide Squad appearances on Arrow. If they are going to keep the TV and Cinematic universes separate as they claim then I don't see a need to cripple the shows.
More information here: http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/26/no ... her-plans/
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Yeah, according to the IO9 comments it's because her sister Laurel took over being Black Canary.  I haven't watched nearly that far into Arrow yet, so I can't vouch for that spoiler.

And just in case you want to blow your mind, Professor Stein is this guy:

[Image: ea1262c1ee487a75087ede0803999e1b11d5207b.jpg]

Just be warned, everything that involves Black Canary is big spoilers for Seasons 2 and 3 Arrow.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"