Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A site where gamers of all walks of life can socialize
A site where gamers of all walks of life can socialize
This should describe it pretty well:

http://allthetropes.orain.org/wiki/League_For_Gamers

If you guys are interested, please join. It's in beta now, but it's quickly growing, and it's where gamers from all walks of life can chill around the water cooler and be friends.

Without an account, I can see a login page, a signup page, and the Terms page... and that's all.

What's behind the curtain?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:Without an account, I can see a login page, a signup page, and the Terms page... and that's all.

What's behind the curtain?
For now, a simple message feed, but they will be adding many more features to make it a Facebook for Gamers very soon.

Good news is that they have a bug tracker and are very happy to accept community feedback for site direction, design, and goals.

Hopefully Randi Harper doesn't get her abusive hooks into it. She's a queen of Entryism, and LOVES disproportionate retribution. Think of a techie version of Andrea Dworkin who's drunk the Kool-aid of the SCUM Manifesto.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote:Foxboy wrote:
Hopefully Randi Harper doesn't get her abusive hooks into it. She's a queen of Entryism, and LOVES disproportionate retribution. Think of a techie version of Andrea Dworkin who's drunk the Kool-aid of the SCUM Manifesto.
I was going to retaliate with some comments about Roosh V and assorted other wastes of tissue that infest the GamerGate side of playing field, but then I realized that I didn't know Randi Harper. So, I looked her up.
Jesus.
Let's just agree to hope that this League for Gamers doesn't attract any extremists, and go with that.  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ebony Wrote:
Quote:Foxboy wrote:Hopefully Randi Harper doesn't get her abusive hooks into it. She's a queen of Entryism, and LOVES disproportionate retribution. Think of a techie version of Andrea Dworkin who's drunk the Kool-aid of the SCUM Manifesto.
I was going to retaliate with some comments about Roosh V and assorted other wastes of tissue that infest the GamerGate side of playing field, but then I realized that I didn't know Randi Harper. So, I looked her up.

Jesus.

Let's just agree to hope that this League for Gamers doesn't attract any extremists, and go with that.

I wouldn't worry.

Roosh and the MRA's don't really care, they are just parasiting on Gamergate from their own little enclaves and are nowhere to be found.

As for Randi, nah, don;t worry: One, it was founded by several pro-GG people, and even though they are neutral so long as you love games, that alone is a massive spraying of "Off". Further, not only is Randi biting her nails over part 3 of the expose being written about her on Breitbart, even the FreeBSD community is considering her a toxic influence at this point.

In short, coast is clear gents, just sign up and have fun around the watercooler.

At the very least, I would like to make a suggestion for the site rules/guidelines/whatever:

Quote:This is a site where we talk about playing games.  If you want to talk politics and/or say that those who disagree with you are [insert negative epithets here], this is not the right place for that kind of stuff!  There are other places where you can do that, so go there to vent.  All we want to do is play/talk about playing games.  Thank you.

The wording doesn't have to be exactly like this, but the general gist should still be made clear.

Tennie Wrote:At the very least, I would like to make a suggestion for the site rules/guidelines/whatever:
Quote:This is a site where we talk about playing games.  If you want to talk politics and/or say that those who disagree with you are [insert negative epithets here], this is not the right place for that kind of stuff!  There are other places where you can do that, so go there to vent.  All we want to do is play/talk about playing games.  Thank you.

The wording doesn't have to be exactly like this, but the general gist should still be made clear.

I'd join up and file that on their issue tracker then.