Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Trailers Thread
The Trailers Thread
My usual source for trailers and other interesting videos turned up a bonanza for me today -- hold on to your seats and check out the following.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

[snip Heroes trailer]Please, please, pleasepleaseplease let this live up to the promise of the first season of the original!

[snip Shannara trailer]
You had me at "Shannara".

I saw the hero's trailer the other day on YouTube and it looks promising but it also looks like it picks up from where the previous series left off which I have no clue of because i only got to watch maybe five episodes of the first season

Shannarra could be good or bad, I'll look up the trailer later but like Wizard's First Rule it depends on how they handle certain things and where in the storyline they start.

From the fact that the actress quoted plays "Amberle," I guessed we were looking at The Elfstones of Shannara as the source material.  Looking up Elfstones on Wikipedia, I indeed found the statement that a "Game of Thrones-style series" will begin with Elfstones and leave Sword to be done as a prequel.  There's also a remark that Terry Brooks feels this is the best order to begin the adaptation.
A TV series starting with Sword would likely be seen as the book was by many people (including me):  basically "a technically well-written Tolkien rip-off rewrite" -- so I'm inclined to agree they're right not to begin there.  I was much more favorable about Elfstones than Sword, as witness the fact that twenty-plus years later I recognized Amberle's name immediately (and could almost hear Eretria saying, "I am for you,
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Oh, you all are gonna love this one.
My source somehow never fails to come through with something really... weird.

-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
My source somehow never fails to come through with something really... weird.

I dunno. I think it's going to lack the truly strange psychedelia that makes a Sid & Marty Krofft production. Especially ElectroWoman & DynaGirl... that show was an acid trip caught on film.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Bob Schroeck Wrote:My source somehow never fails to come through with something really... weird.
Aw, from the title I thought it might be some kind of Female Kamen Riders spinoff movie...

...then again, I should probably be happy it's not. Such a thing would be almost guaranteed to miss all the points and then make up new points to miss like the US "Godzilla" movie.

It does look like something that might not just be two lost hours I can never, ever get back, though. For Hollywood, that's doing well.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------
Well.... it does have Daniel Radcliffe in a castle...

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------

... Well, that's why you don't have super fights in the middle of the city. Especially Matchstick City.

Then again, it's not on fire (yet).

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

-- Bob
---------
The Force Awakens International Trailer

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------

So, I see they're bringing back a lot of the stuff that made the animated series fun. Unfortunately, it's still a Michael Bay film. :p

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------