Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, I almost forgot...
Oh, I almost forgot...
I'm going on another vacation starting tomorrow -- to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where we'll be sharing our timeshare with Kat, Joe, Scott and Nina.  I'll have my tablet with me and I believe the resort has wifi, so I won't be vanishing on you all for a week and a half. 
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Have a nice vacation! I'm saving my vacation time for Xmas. A whole month!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Thank you. Final packing is going on right now (Peggy: Get out of the bedroom while I do this! Me; Uh, okay.), and hopefully we'll be on the road in an hour or so.
-- Bob
---------

Cue Willie Nelson then, Eh?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Heh. We're here now -- after some really awful traffic both yesterday and today. Tonight is being taken easy with pizza from a nearby place and we start with the high-energy fun tomorrow.
-- Bob
---------

And it's the last full day. Slow and lazy is the plan, with beach time just ending now, followed by an excursion to Ripley's Odditorium, then dinner at a place called eNoodles. Then follows laundry and packing for tomorrow's departure.
-- Bob
---------

Drive safe out there, Bob. We'll see you when we see you.

Thanks, BA.

And we're home. A couple hours now, in fact, but we ate dinner out, did some grocery shopping and then unpacked about half our stuff. I'm just waiting for some laundry I need for work tomorrow to dry and then time for me to crash.

Oh, and the place we ate wasn't eNoodles but http://www.enoodlesco.com/]E Noodles & Co. -- really fantastic place, go there if you're in North Myrtle Beach. Really. The menu explicitly has words to the effect of "this is by no means a complete menu, but a guide to our culinary capabilities". And they're not kidding! Peg basically made up a custom dish on the spot which they whipped up without complaint. I ordered pork shumai as an appetizer, and instead of the typical shumai which are about an inch (2.5 cm) across, I got three huge shumai bigger than golf balls! Great food!
-- Bob
---------