Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 3rd party assistance...
Need 3rd party assistance...
Can't really go more into the reasons why in a (semi) public forum, but could one of you check this link:http://thepaperlady.tumblr.com/post/137 ... /importantand tell me if you get a blog post or a taken down page?  And possibly let me know via Yuku's messaging system?  this will serve 2 purposes, as it will give me vital diagnostics information about the link and my yuku message service settings.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Not found.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

KK. thanx.
I really dont know what to think about all this; as her archive:http://thepaperlady.tumblr.com/archive/ has posts to it *DATED* today.  Including a seeming link to that post which is dated the 12TH, in which she's talking about at least appearing to shut down the blog page, and blocking 'a certain user' to make it harder him to follow her, complaining about harrasment.
What she's not mentioned is that she'd been posting, on a fairly regular basis, about what a horrible person she feels this person is; and seems to feel that said person has no right to know what it said or to defend himself from her claims.  And there's even more going on as well.
TLDR version:  I've come in at the third act of this play.  is there anyway for ME to get at these posts and know what they've said?  cause that one post shows that even if coming at it fromthe outside makes it seem like nothings there, there clearly is some way7 to cause she's still posting.

NO QUARTER!!!

Star Ranger4 Wrote:...
TLDR version:  I've come in at the third act of this play.  is there anyway for ME to get at these posts and know what they've said?  cause that one post shows that even if coming at it fromthe outside makes it seem like nothings there, there clearly is some way7 to cause she's still posting.
Are they available in the Wayback Machine @ archive.org ?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

not that I can see. I was able to get what I do have via a cached google link. They last cached the page on the 11th, but as I said, going directly too the link shows posts made to the archive over the last 24-48 hours

NO QUARTER!!!

It may be a shadowban: the author ran afoul of someone who'd run whining to the mods or got enough like-minded weasels together to spam reports on the blog. Tumblr support caves to the loud shriekers and basically makes Tumblr a black hole to the original poster.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I rather doubt it. the blog owner says she asked tmblr to do this; because "There is someone following this page that I'd rather not" and "Hopefully this will make me harder to track". And she's still posting stuff. but, Any time i try to click on a post, I get the "this is not the page your looking for" gag.

and there's been new stuff posted overnight. So she can get to it, and her friends can... how do I?

NO QUARTER!!!

... I'm kind of getting the impression that maybe you're in the group of people she doesn't want getting in there, Star.  It sounds like it's only visible to her friends.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

*nods* perhaps, but what i'd been TOLD is this person is using her blog to make dubious claims about a third person. I wanted to confirm or deny before going on the warpath.

NO QUARTER!!!