Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Images; Revenge of the Sixth
WTF Images; Revenge of the Sixth
[Image: cool-19.jpg][Image: progression.jpg][Image: movie%20bragging.jpg][Image: Marty%20McPrime.png][Image: mystery%20machine%20RV.jpg][Image: race.jpeg][Image: trekish%20playground.jpg][Image: VlVqGPQ.jpg]

... is it a good or a bad thing that I can recognize almost all those vehicles? the only ones I cant are the ones being tangled up by the battarang grapnel cables
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

They're from the very short lived Pole Position cartoon. Is the van being attacked by the ninja turtle the Mystery Machine? Can't quite tell.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Yes...

NO QUARTER!!!

I started to ask about the van with a spoiler and ... is that a turret on top? -- and then I realized I saw only three turtles, so Donatello might be driving a vehicle, and that turret could represent a turtle's head....  I'm guessing the tank made to look like a beast of prey is something from Thundercats
Oh, and the Trek playground is something I would've loved to be all over back when I was a child.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

There's one on Midwest City, Oklahoma
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Not really a turret. but their vehicle has always had a sort of raised 'turtle-back', and you can see the shell design on it if you go to a zoomed in view. Also, that slash of red wouldn't be Donatello, he wears purple. what it seems to be on the zoomed in view is sort of a periscope.

and yes. that's the thunder-tank, took me a minuite to figure it out cause the artist made a bad color choice on Lion-0. I think he's got too much blue and not enough yellow. Unless Panthro's driving is giving him a really bad case of motion sickness!!!

NO QUARTER!!!

[Image: tyranno_thesaurus_rex__by_choppywings-d6c0ngy.png][Image: tresspassers%20exterminated.jpg][Image: animal%20in%20bed.jpg][Image: grew%20up%20in%20the%2080s.jpg][Image: licence%20plate.jpg][Image: dont%20piss%20off%20the%20electricians.jpg][Image: divorce%20lawyers.jpg][Image: too%20many%20hitlers.jpg]

The Thesaurus is just the latest version of something that dates back at least to the 1960s and Bored of the Rings.

And while the "TWATS" sign was intentional, it reminds me of a similar, but unintentional, case that used to exist not far from here. There's a self-storage place, visible from Route 1 in North Brunswick. Facing the road is a big, broad roof which they used (and still use) as a sign for their business, which reads "PUBLIC SELF STORAGE". About sixteen or seventeen years ago, though, the letters began to drop off (at least, I assumed they had dropped off, although now that I think of it...), leaving the roof to read "PUBIC ELF RAGE". It stayed that way for a couple of years, until the place changed hands and the roof was redone.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Can't embed the image (I think), so here's a link to the page:
http://ptrope.deviantart.com/art/NOT-Th ... -262168702

Y'know, I think I would have remembered that if it was in an episode. For now, I'll just channel Lt. Sulu and say, "Oh, my..."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
A set of politically inclined pics this time
[Image: nq151125.gif][Image: rl151218.gif][Image: Robert%20Smalls.jpg][Image: vaccine.jpg][Image: canidates.jpg][Image: Trump%20joke.png][Image: John%20Cleese%20on%20politics.jpg][Image: schrodingers_immigrant.jpg]

[Image: ba826911434f9ad60bce6204beceeff46263f448.png][Image: 5f026cd1b94fcafc0b8ed2088904b4bb53443b79.png][Image: 24f36008119f4309a174040feb2d0a01d84c0cc4.png][Image: 27526ca12f449aaa04de8b06f066ec82e73fe884.png][Image: 2141651b41ae0fe3056c3598efcddd1f12e41b3d.png][Image: f5136e501fa54aa1afc10144ea0a060336765623.png]
-- Bob
---------
And in honor of the recent snowstorm in the American NE
[Image: f3f169104fa400e4000ec6cc829d48ca09454b0e.jpg]
[Image: f12262f11545ca6100ae2e0a5c3bbc398f0e38ce.jpeg]
-- Bob
---------

Bobby Drake gets no love.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Argh.  Yuku dropped one of the pictures.  It always seems to do that to me.  Here's what was supposed to be the middle pic:
[Image: f2136a891b3d47b5a5f40f83e5b708f9ba08bf03.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
Half-Blood? Also, Halloween Critters
[Image: Half_zps4zodutsr.jpg]
The things some people will do to their pets for Halloween (yes, yes, I know it's late....):
[Image: Arrrrrf%20Matey_zpssvuqimim.jpg]
Arrrrrf, Matey!
[Image: German%20Police%20Dog_zpsr93gl2aw.jpg]
[Image: Skeletal%20Dog_zpskjvjo6ws.jpg]
[Image: Take%20Me%20to%20Your%20Leader_zpsgvttpapq.jpg]
Take me to your leader ... or your doggy-treats....
[Image: Count%20Hedghogcula_zpsycnmbpxt.jpg]
You might notice there're no cats in this collection.  No cat would sit still for being put in a Halloween costume unless drugged out of its skull....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

[Image: 1599828_1673222769625622_1919866117_n.jpg]

Ah, browser-bashing ... where would the Internet be without it?
--
Rob Kelk

Haiku time!

[Image: 1453887346-108.jpg]

Source: http://www.marycagle.com/letsspeakengli ... haiku-time
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Ah, browser-bashing ... where would the Internet be without it?
    Stuck with vi/emacs wars.  The new normal is better.  Only slightly, but better.  Smile

[Image: Not_Even_One_Bite.jpg][Image: funny-animal-captions-cat-reading.jpg][Image: being_a_cat_is_like_being_in_a_videogame.jpg][Image: trantula%20and%20frog.png][Image: dream%20big.jpg][Image: double%20smiley.jpg][Image: contested%20island.png][Image: dog%20festival.jpg]

Quote:Timote wrote:
[Image: contested%20island.png]
... This has got to be the most civilized way I've heard of a territorial conflict being handled.

[Image: Roadrunner%20mural.jpg][Image: punishment.jpg][Image: help.jpg][Image: a0p8BZO_700b_v2.jpg][Image: father%20in%20law.jpg][Image: force%20awakens%20joke.jpg][Image: coyote%20in%20debt.jpg][Image: dalek_error_message_by_sonickingscrewdriver-d40knnm.png]

[Image: brain%20scans.jpg][Image: CIA%20pipe.jpg][Image: jtnvryO.jpg][Image: engineers.png][Image: choc%20milk.jpg][Image: peace%20prize.jpg][Image: tumblr_nwxwt6iuYy1rqb8f3o1_540.jpg][Image: the%20full%20saying.jpg]

On that one about the engineers of the Titanic: on one of the expeditions to explore the debris field, an electrical breaker panel was found with settings that indicated that *someone* had reset the breakers to keep battery power on in the stern half of the ship, after the breakaway of the bow. This would have had to have been done *while the stern was filling with icy cold seawater*. Some engineer down there was a real mensch.

[Image: rl160118.gif][Image: rl160108.gif][Image: aGRAnD5_700b_v1.jpg][Image: crstr160115.gif][Image: fm151226.gif][Image: penny%20arcade.jpg][Image: crobh051204.gif][Image: fluffy.jpg][Image: Hobbes%20and%20Bacon%20Chess.jpg]