Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Hunt

Update...the seller accepted the lower cost and in return, I have to fork over some of the closing costs. We just did the final walk through. So at the end of the month. The escrow is closed. So that me the owner of a home. Well, me and the bank anyway.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Yay! From one homeowner to another, welcome to the brotherhood!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Indeed, yes.  There's a special feeling about first becoming a homeowner -- as you lie awake at night thinking, "What have I done?!"  Fortunately, you should quickly get over that phase....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Indeed, yes.  There's a special feeling about first becoming a homeowner -- as you lie awake at night thinking, "What have I done?!"  Fortunately, you should quickly get over that phase....
I'm already having that feeling. Did I buy too much house (especially since I'm single.). I think my next step is find a significant other. Place is too big for just one guy. 

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Yay! From one homeowner to another, welcome to the brotherhood!
Thank you. The next step is turning into a home.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

When my mother passed away in February I inherited the house I grew up in. Along with all the headaches my dad left behind when she divorced him. 6 weeks later I'm still treading water and actually considering calling my last employer and thanking him for firing me.

Homeowners
One of us... one of us...

From homeless to homeowner..What BA went through a while back happened to me at the same point of my life. Took me 20 years to reach this point in time, but better let than never.

My realtor told me that I bought at the right time. D.C. Has people flocking in. 800K folks as of last year and rising. And D.C is a small state to begin with. Heck one congressman said D.C. Should have a recession. The neighborhood I bought in shows signs of gentrifying. Give it another 5-10 years and real estate prices will be as high as San Franciso. Maybe sooner.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
After one week of non stop setting up
My new theme song:

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell