Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macross delta
Macross delta
Just found a fansub & watched it. All I can say: 'WTF Japan!!"

Eh. No worse than a cross between Macross Frontier and Macross 7. We even have a member of the ever-prolific Genius family. (Seriously, those family reunions must be nuts!)

Oh, and I've seen stuff like this before. AKB0048, anyone?

It took a bit to realise that, but I feel like they've taken cues from something else. It's going into my watch list.

The only thing I'm not liking about this series is the music. It's not every song, just most of them. I was surprised to see on CD Japan that the physical release has english subtitles, though the price is off putting.

Dang it, pineapple salad time without the pineapple. And a song I found tolerable. It's the Walkure ensemble pieces that's causing my dislike, something to do with the harmonies.

IIRC, there's a song, I think it's the ED, that's a blatant knock off of Earth, Wind and Fire's "September."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I've been enjoying it, but as I said when I saw the preview: "Macross has returned to its magical-girl roots."

And the director has said openly that he intends this to be the Puella Magi Madoka Magica of Macross, so...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.