Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Modeling

Yeah, sounds like Blender is definitely not my cup of tea.
Sketchup is actually designed for architecture, but it does fairly well so long as you don't try to do too much with curves.
So I'm debating whether or not to make both new nacelle designs available in the shapeways store...
And mucking about with color, a bit.
[Image: 3k5suwf.png]
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Is there any particular reason not to make the new designs available in the store? Also, you have the inside of the near nacelle blue when the other two are the pale seafoam or whatever you want to call the majority color on that ship.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

All of the designs will be made available as soon as I have all of them done. I have... two more models that need to be updated, hollowed, and uploaded. Then they all go live at once. Probably tonight.
Best part? Shapeways has just MASSIVELY dropped FUD prices. The light cruisers used to run around $28 in FUD, now they'll be about $15-16. Under $10 in WSF.
And the new final Caledonia CL:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/XwnDhTu.png?1">
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

The color helps a LOT.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Have some color, then.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MtfYv6h.png?1">
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

So, yeah, stuff happened. I was noodling around and threw up a couple of design sketches on the ADB forums and all of a sudden I'm the official new sculptor for the Lyran Star Empire. Yay me?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
RE: 3D Modeling
So, yeah, currently in test-print (FUD only) at Shapeways...

[Image: ePg14Pe.jpg]

Set to 74mm length, to give a nice in-between to the miniscule Starblazers Minis Game version and the 4.5-inch plastic model kit.
And I don't really think I can make it any smaller or the gun barrels will need serious reworking... we'll see.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

RE: 3D Modeling
(09-27-2017, 12:11 PM)ECSNorway Wrote: So, yeah, currently in test-print (FUD only) at Shapeways...

[Image: ePg14Pe.jpg]

Set to 74mm length, to give a nice in-between to the miniscule Starblazers Minis Game version and the 4.5-inch plastic model kit.
And I don't really think I can make it any smaller or the gun barrels will need serious reworking... we'll see.

And now I have my test prints in hand and painted up.

[Image: J0Y2h8R.jpg]
Sucrose Octanitrate.