Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob can't log in
Bob can't log in
Just got this email from Bob, who asked me to pass it along:
Quote:I, and at least one other user who's emailed me about it, cannot log on to Yuku -- although I can see the boards are active and that others have logged in and are posting, I'm getting a fancy "Sorry, we're down" graphic when I try to log in myself.

I've emailed Yuku support about this -- as I can't log in to post on the support forums -- but given the holiday I'm not expecting a fast turnaround.

-- Bob
If anyone else is having the same trouble, rest assured that steps are being taken ... but probably slowly.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I had the occasional issue over the last couple of weeks. Usually I just couldn't get into any forum pages to load but there was one time I could read everything but couldn't log in. It was always working the next day so I just assumed it was the normal IT gremlins.

Mark

Today's email from Bob:
Quote:Good morning, Rob. I got a response from Yuku over the holiday. I'm still not able to log in, but it's not an unknown or unanticipated problem, from the sound of it. Please let the forums know? Thanks.

-- Bob
He goes on to quote a Yuku email that says he's still on the profile server that is still under maintenance.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeah, I kept getting a "Yuku is down for maintenance" page when I tried to get into the site all weekend. I figured the server migration was having problems. Anyway, I just managed to log on.

Sounding a little like they had some DNS propogation issues. It was pretty much down for me the entire holiday.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Quote:Inquisitive Raven wrote:
Yeah, I kept getting a "Yuku is down for maintenance" page when I tried to get into the site all weekend. I figured the server migration was having problems. Anyway, I just managed to log on.
Same here.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Looks like we all just discovered it within about an hour of each other.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.