Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017's "cursed thread"
RE: 2017's "cursed thread"
RIP Sue Grafton, one book away from finishing her "Alphabet" series of mysteries
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(12-29-2017, 03:41 PM)robkelk Wrote: RIP Sue Grafton, one book away from finishing her "Alphabet" series of mysteries

Does that mean the last one will be 'Z is for Zombie (author)'?
Nope.

The Alphabet ends at Y.
James Avery, American actor, comedian and poet best known as Uncle Phil in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, died from complications following open heart surgery. He was 68.

Edit: My mistake, his death was in 2013.
Erica Grafton sadly passed on far too early: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-eric...story.html
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
(12-31-2017, 04:54 PM)SelfCloak Wrote: James Avery, American actor, comedian and poet best known as Uncle Phil in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, died from complications following open heart surgery. He was 68.

i might be on the wrong thread but that was 2014
Bruce McCandless II passed away on December 22.

We've all seen at least this one photo of him:
[Image: 601259main_jetpack_full-2b5f3f57c9a453a9...00-c85.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Should we retire this thread and make a 2018 thread?
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
I would have done that myself, if Bruce McCandless's passing was yesterday or today.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I'll leave the thread open for those we learn of well after the fact. But yes, once it is needed, we'll have a new thread.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RIP Bill Lishman, who passed away on December 30.

The movie Fly Away Home was a dramatized version of Bill Lishman's greatest achievement.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
And here's another well-after-the-fact notice. Jane Norman, better known to children of a certain generation (like mine) as Pixanne, passed away at her home in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania on May 13, 2017, aged 83.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Waaaaaay after the fact notice for this thread ("thread necrio" notes are in bad taste here):

Erin Moran of Happy Days died on April 22, 2017, from fast-moving throat cancer.
-- Bob