Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Theme Music: Silverbolt
A Little Theme Music: Silverbolt
Well, um. I can't find anything I like. The closest to a good candidate is "Venus" by Shocking Blue, and it really doesn't fit that well. ("Goddess on a mountain top, burning like a silver flame...") Any suggestions?

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
> A Little Theme Music: Silverbolt
> Any suggestions?
It's not perfect but AC/DC 'Thunderstruck'
Not so much as a loose reference to her powers but also to the general reaction to seeing her for the first time by anyone with a pair of hormones to rub together.
Which is more or less what the son's about, from the lyrics.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: > A Little Theme Music: Silverbolt
I think I'll add my vote in support of that idea. It seems perfect. A little AC DC for Silverbolt is just fine with me. ^_^
-Logan
"White Lightning" by Def Leppard also comes to mind. It's interesting that the Warriors ended up with two lightning generators. Must be that tricky Villains & Vigilantes random power table at work. [Image: smile.gif]
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
(once known to the V&V world as Nightstalker of the Renegades)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
A little AC DC for Silverbolt is just fine with me.
Oh, talk about a jolt to revive a memory:

I am electric - feel my attraction.
Feel my magnetism - you will agree
I am electric - I have the contact.
I am electric - the future is me.
AC/DC it's okay by me.
I can switch and change my frequency.

I am electric - mind how you touch me.
I can shock you, I can set you on fire.
I can reach up and pluck down the lightning.
Watch the conductor, see the live wire.
AC/DC it's okay by me.

Electra ... Electra ... Electra ...

I am electric - resistance is pointless
Feel my magnetism - you will agree.
You can't ignore me, you must adore me.
I am electric, come closer to me.
AC/DC it's okay by me.
I can switch and turn you on to me
Can switch and turn you on to me
Can switch and turn you on to me.

Electra ... Electra ... Electra ... Electra ...

-- AC/DC, by Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Richard
Stilgoe, from the play Starlight Express
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
It's interesting that the Warriors ended up with two lightning generators. Must be that tricky Villains & Vigilantes random power table at work
Yes/no/kinda sorta. Hexe doesn't have any inherent lightning powers -- what she has is V&V Weather Control -- which, depending on what weather pattern you manifest, temporarily gives you another power -- Sonics for a hurricane, Ice powers for a blizzard, and Lightning Control for a thunderstorm (among others). Her daggers have Lightning Control in them, too, but again, I wouldn't call that her power, any more than I'd say that Nene or Sylia have laser powers.
Silverbolt... well, Silverbolt is indeed those tricky random power tables at work. Several of the powers are recursive -- that is, they say "if you make percentage YY, then roll a die and you get that many extra powers off of Table X". Well... Peg rolled the Armor power, and got extra powers built into it, among which turned out to be the Armor power again, and it got extra powers built into it... Silverbolt as she was originally generated was a real monster. We threw away a lot of powers that simply didn't fit the concept Peggy was coming up with (she can't transmute air to steel any more, for instance, but we've got a wonderful story about a use of that power), and she's still utterly formidable -- 150+ points of armor, under which are 250+ hit points, plus well over a hundred power points, plus... well, you get the picture. She's actually tougher than Hexe in terms of the damage she can endure, and the only player character who beats her was explicitly designed by a collaboration between the then-GM and her new boyfriend to out-do Hexe.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
(once known to the V&V world as Nightstalker of the Renegades)
Oh, I missed that in my other reply. Do tell...
(And that reminds me -- every time I tried to put an analogue of Peg's PC into a GURPS product, it came back with her name changed to "Nightscream". Apparently Steve Jackson had a favorite ninja-type character who was named "Shadowwalker"...)

-- Bob
---------
Damn. Worst we ever had was the guy with the Agility of 93, and the character that had over 13,000 hit points because all he had were heightened stats. Of course, we bent that system over backwards. The first of those two, Nighthawk, who also had the superspeed power (forget the name) had this annoying tendency to use the velocity damage table to kill people with quarters flung at Mach 2.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
Damn. Worst we ever had was the guy with the Agility of 93, and the character that had over 13,000 hit points because all he had were heightened stats.
Yeek. That's... that's... I don't know what that is. Yeek.
Of course, once you start getting up into that "hit me with a planet, I don't mind" territory, we start saying the character has the "heightened hit points" power. Also good for indexing on the combat table. "What's your defense?" "Heightened hit points." "Ah. Right."

Quote:
Of course, we bent that system over backwards.
No. You think?
Quote:
The first of those two, Nighthawk, who also had the superspeed power (forget the name)
Heightened Speed.
Quote:
had this annoying tendency to use the velocity damage table to kill people with quarters flung at Mach 2.
We had a villain with something similar. He had the power to impart a straight-line velocity to anything he could touch, including himself (he could fly, in jerks and stops and long drooping arcs). It was actually momentum he could impart, and it was a constant -- so the lighter something was, the faster it went. He wore a bandolier and belt full of fishing sinkers and flicked them off at something above mach 1 whenever he got annoyed at someone...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
He wore a bandolier and belt full of fishing sinkers and flicked them off at something above mach 1 whenever he got annoyed at someone...
You mentioned this one to me, probably in response to my character the "Sony Discman". Corporate Hero with magnetic powers whose preferred weapon was hard drive platters flung at high speed...
Of course, he could have been much deadlier if he used a railgun effect with nails, but as a Corporate Hero he had an image to maintain [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Oh, yeah, I remember you telling me about him. Cool concept, he was.
Anyway, if we're going to talk old V&V chars, we should take it out of the DW forum and into General/General.

-- Bob
---------
Re: A Little Theme Music: Silverbolt
Quote:
Any suggestions?
Well, the only songs I've got that suggest Silverbolt's attributes are Live - 'Lighting Crashes' & U2 - 'Electrical Storm'.
However in actual use - if they're metagift-friendly - they might do something completely different.
--Rod.H
"(semi)Live action 'Touchdown to Tomorrow' is kowai."
Re: A Little Theme Music: Silverbolt
More songs for me to check out... thanks.

-- Bob
---------