Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A day to feel like a zombie...
A day to feel like a zombie...
So, I went to bed last night at 10 pm... and woke up at 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I have been awake for a bit over six hours right now and am not looking forward to the state of my consciousness come the end of the work day.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

You're not the only one who goes through that, Bob.  It's not fun.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

Yeah... I mentioned my current state to my coworkers, and they all nodded sagely and offered me their sympathies.
-- Bob
---------

You have just described my life since approximately...2003? You have my sympathies. Melatonin and chamomille tea are a good place to start.

Another one.  And it doesn't help my situation that my current upstairs neighbors appear to be on some weird work shifts, so when I wake up at two-ish or three-ish, there's often enough noises of their shower running, etc., to make it even harder to drowse off again.  
A variant that hits occasionally is that I go to bed, dead tired, am asleep almost instantly ... and wake up only fifteen or twenty minutes later ... just barely refreshed enough that I can't get back to sleep. 
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Just don't try that in Illinois.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/10/us/il ... index.html

Heh.

Well, I made it through the day, got home, did our 9 PM production push for the website, and then managed to crash. I got about 8 hours and in the immortal words of John Astin, "I'm feeling much better now."
-- Bob
---------

At least you don't have this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_s ... e_disorder

I very well may have that because it describes my sleep issues to a fraggin' T.