Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change your passwords!
Change your passwords!
Cloudflare got bit again. Recommendations are that you change your password for anything that even touched a Cloudflare proxy.
Github - pirate/sites-using-cloudflare
I looked at that list. Yuku is included.
I'm off to change my password here, and this weekend I'll probably do some additional password changes and possibly some more attempts at closing unused accounts.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

You need to correct the link. The address is missing : after http.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

JFerio Wrote:Cloudflare got bit again. Recommendations are that you change your password for anything that even touched a Cloudflare proxy.

Github - pirate/sites-using-cloudflare

I looked at that list. Yuku is included.

I'm off to change my password here, and this weekend I'll probably do some additional password changes and possibly some more attempts at closing unused accounts.
And if you use the same password at a different site, change it there as well - preferably to a different password than your new one here.

Password keeper apps are your friend.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
And if you use the same password at a different site, change it there as well - preferably to a different password than your new one here.

Password keeper apps are your friend.
It's going to be a work in progress over here, Rob.
On an unrelated note, additional incentive to not join more forums. A depressing percentage of forum software doesn't permit users to delete their own accounts, which means I have to go through the ones I no longer use to null some things out of them and otherwise make it so they're not information leaks.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

*Increments iteration number after each password by 1. Although I've a fairly arcane construction method that makes easy to remember passwords that're a bitch to break.

I use near-2FA on critical shit that costs money. My steam password was guessed by some scrote in Australia - it was fucking ten years old or more - but having Steamguard on the phone kept that safe. It does make the phone a common point of failure mind but for most people it its effective.

Just discovered that daz3d.com also uses CloudFlare
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeah, I just finished going through and changing passwords on anything that would use Cloudflare, and cancelled some accounts at places that didn't since I was doing some cleanup anyway. Found at least a couple more that don't provide any provision for deletion, and one that DOESN'T PROVIDE EASILY CHANGING THE PASSWORD.

I'll probably be doing more of the account deletion/cleanups in the near future.
--

Who the hell doesn't allow easy password changes? Just so we know to avoid them.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

A place called RFGeneration. They provide basically a cloud database for videogame collections.
--

I have no need of them, good.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Who the hell doesn't allow easy password changes? Just so we know to avoid them.
I had fun (not) figuring out how to change my LiveJournal password. Let's just say it was less than obvious. I couldn't find the password change page from settings, but there was a link in the faq.
Fitbit, by contrast, made me request a reset password link via email, after I'd already logged into the site.