In case you need to know why you need an adblocker:
http://www.networkworld.com/article/302 ... ments.html
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

TL;DR uBlock Origin is faster and uses less CPU.  Ghostery is pretty fast too, but the article doesn't mention that it has a spyware mode too.
-- ∇×V

I already used uBlock Origin so this has basically been a reconfirmation.

It's too bad the article does not mention whether any of the reviewed addons will be incompatible with Firefox 52 and later. I know of a number of addons that will not, Oracle's Java plugin most significantly. Checking uBlock Origin specifically shows that it is compatible with 52 and later thankfully.

Just switched to uBlock Origin. Chrome is working a lot faster now.

I currently use firefox with Noscript as the main add-on. Would anyone recommend adding an adblocker (or even replacing No-script)? Looking at my add-ons I've got adblock plus disabled but its been so long, I'm not even sure why I disabled it in the first place.

Thanks

Mark

Javascript isn't the only way a malware-delivering ad can execute code through your browser. I strongly recommend adding an adblocker to your anti-virus suite.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:skyfire2020 wrote:
I currently use firefox with Noscript as the main add-on. Would anyone recommend adding an adblocker (or even replacing No-script)? Looking at my add-ons I've got adblock plus disabled but its been so long, I'm not even sure why I disabled it in the first place.

Thanks

Mark
I use uBlock Origin alongside NoScript, and would recommend the full combination rather than doing a single. Each one covers a different set of vectors that malware can use to "drive by" infect your machine, and they don't interfere with each other.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

I've been using the same combination as JFerio for months if not years, and it seems to work very well.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've just installed Ublock origin.

Mark
Re: Ten adblockers reviewed and tested
It looks pretty good.