Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudden Changes
Sudden Changes
Has anybody else had the appearance of this forum suddenly change? And the RSS feeds stop working?
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Re: Sudden Changes
TapaTalk migrated it to their software from the Yuku software.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
And Tapatalk sucks huge donkey balls.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I thought that DW was down for days, because my link to it use /directory, which no longer works.

It's also hideous.
You'd think they could have notified the users as well as the forum owner. I only knew because Bob mentioned it in the "500 Luftballoons" thread on the Forums board. That then morphed into a discussion of how do we get backups so we can move the board to a host where Bob has control of the forum software.
I'm more bothered by the sudden intrusion of advertisements.
Only advice I can offer: get uBlock Origin. It's a very effective ad blocker. It even blocks video ads in streaming services like Youtube and Crunchyroll.
It also thinks it's normal to send me emails every time a forum I've posted too gets a response.

This forum software is utter crap.
wrote: Wrote:Only advice I can offer: get uBlock Origin. It's a very effective ad blocker. It even blocks video ads in streaming services like Youtube and Crunchyroll.

Gotta agree with this.

Wish there was a version for Safari on my ipad.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
This is minor compared to most if not all of other people's complaints, but on Yuku I had a selection of alternate signatures, to vary things up a bit from time to time. Guess what function doesn't exist here on Tapatalk. I, too, am displeased.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
wrote: Wrote:This is minor compared to most if not all of other people's complaints, but on Yuku I had a selection of alternate signatures, to vary things up a bit from time to time. Guess what function doesn't exist here on Tapatalk. I, too, am displeased.
*nods* and I'd finally (after like a year or more) gotten around to updating/switching out my sig selection just a couple weeks before. Sad
Ads now making topics hard to browse on phone.

Also nuking the Fuck out the battery
Yeah, this new look is driving me nuts.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
We can tweak the forum's appearance, but if we're going to move, should we bother?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
wrote: Wrote:We can tweak the forum's appearance, but if we're going to move, should we bother?

My thought is that we should only do as much as needed to make things usable for people until the move happens.

I'm only doing as much as I need myself; for instance, I'm not adding a new exception for Tapatalk to my blocking rules so that I can do style formatting with the icons. I'll stick with doing that manually.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor