wisps of acrid smoke from between her fingers announced the
detonation of the remaining bullets, but neither her grip nor her
expression changed.

"Here." She reached out to take one of his hands, turned it up,
and dropped the wadded mass of metal into his gloved palm. Leon
distantly observed that the Earthshaker's remains were noticeably
warm even through the leather. "Is *not* for a policeman with
little gun to fire on a Warrior," she repeated with grim
emphasis, then glanced over her shoulder. "Excuse, please, now.
Must play more with the blue girl." She turned, and with another
air-shattering blast she disappeared, only to reappear in front
of Priss, who was now on the ground, apparently tripped and
entangled by Sangnoir's scissoring legs.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: A Little Teaser From Chapter 12
Play with blue girl?
That's great! I am intruiged to see what the consequences for both Doug and the femme fatale four, as I imagine the consequences for this will not go as expected for them.
*twitch*
*twitch*
*twitch*
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Whyfor you twitch, Nathan? You know where this goes.

-- Bob
---------
> Play with blue girl?
> That's great! I am intruiged to see what the consequences
> for both Doug and the femme fatale four, as I imagine the
> consequences for this will not go as expected for them.
All I will say is, things go off in many directions. But events are also coming to a head...

-- Bob
---------
Heh. Lessee... I'm not a pre-reader, but I can tell this was Silverbolt. (although I had to go back to the main page and do some looking to refresh my memory) and blue girl is Priss.
For some reason I thought it was Hexxe at first, because of the thick accent. Then I doh'd and remembered that although its written in english, its set in japan so anything not noted as being in a THRID language is in japaneese by default.
And bob, you probobly don't have to point out that Hexxe doesn't have a thick accent either; the thought that I was sterotyping her based on her name occured to me too."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
You're right, it's Silverbolt and Priss. Hexe (one "X", btw) has just enough of an accent in both Japanese and English to sound exotic.
As for languages, yes. I try to set off all the English with , so anything without them can be presumed to be in Japanese.
(Added 10/6) And just as a smidgen more of teaser material, let me say this: Hexe's busy with someone else -- team leader vs. team leader, anyone?
-- Bob
---------
Teaser
>And just as a smidgen more of teaser material, let me say this: Hexe's busy with someone else -- team leader vs. team leader, anyone?
That's _sadistic_ my good man. My God, Sylia's going to have a coronary!
Re: Teaser

-- Bob
---------
Just thought of something.
What Doug is trying to do is a classic trickster ploy, teaching someone a lesson by humiliating them.
Re: Just thought of something.
Actually, at this point, I think he's just trying to survive. He got whacked around pretty good at the end of the last chapter.
-Logan
I think at this point, he's beyond the humiliation and into "I'm sick of you, and you've used up your last warning" mode. So he employs a standard Warriors tactic: deploy MUCH more firepower than necessary to handle a given situation.
Though, given the one-line teaser Bob has let slip, I'm guessing something, somewhere went horribly wrong for Our Hero...
-Z
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programms, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
As to what's going through Doug's head, it's a little of both.
As to where the story's going, well, you'll just have to wait and see.

-- Bob
---------
Of course, part of the tension created here results from the fact that both sides believe they have the moral high ground. I look forward to that resolution more than the end of the fight, though the fight promises to be an excellent read.
The way the story engages in some moral analysis for the characters has drawn back over time to Drunkard's Walk. Doug's viewpoint conflicts with the way BGC explained the moral justification for its characters. The sharpest contrast appears within Nene, because her self-image demands she follow the side she thinks good, but she cannot reconcile the two perspectives now presented to her. Other characters also must deal with challenges to their own views; ranging from the conflicting loyalties our favorite news photographer has gotten into all the way to a catharsis and possible reform for one of the long term villains of the story.
I really look forward to seeing how theses elements carry over into other Steps.
Quote:
I really look forward to seeing how theses elements carry over into other Steps.
If you mean the character development for members of the BGC cast, well, that won't carry over, as none of them will be coming with Doug, and I don't plan (at the moment) to come back to this world and do an "after he's gone" kind of story. (Although there are half a dozen or more vignettes in the epilogue to DW2 that show the impact he's had on that world over the course of several months.)
If you mean, pursuing moral/ethical issues in other worlds, well, that will depend on the specific world.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
If you mean, pursuing moral/ethical issues in other worlds, well, that will depend on the specific world.

That's actually what I meant. I realize that some aspects will not carry over. At first glance, Child's Toy does not lend itself to moral/ethical issues, but the way Sana has to evaluate and reevaluate her actions and herself, as well as the actions of others and who they are actually does provide an interesting insight into the moral character of the various members of the cast.
I am sure that Sana-chan No Omocha will prove interesting, and very different from Robot's Rules of Order.
-Kevin
Actually, my plans for DW3 are running a little more to the action-adventure side, oddly enough. I need to go back over my fansubs and check on a couple things before I can settle exactly what I'm going to do, though.
-- Bob
---------
Changes To The Teaser
At the request of my wife Peggy, player/creator of Silverbolt, the character no longer sounds like Tarzan. Feel free to reread the teaser, inserting missing parts of speech as necessary.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Changes To The Teaser
Aww.... I liked the language mangling.
And for the record, it didn't sound like Tarzan to me. It sounded more like a heavy Russian accent.
Quote:
It sounded more like a heavy Russian accent
Well, yeah, that was one of the things Peggy complained about. "She's Greek! Why does she sound Russian?" And since I couldn't come up with a dialect format that gave the proper "Zorba" flavor, the compromise was to give her full fluency in Japanese. Not exactly accurate, but, well, honestly, I don't have to share a house with my readers, and I do have to share it with Peggy.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Well, yeah, that was one of the things Peggy complained about. "She's Greek! Why does she sound Russian?" And since I couldn't come up with a dialect format that gave the proper "Zorba" flavor, the compromise was to give her full fluency in Japanese. Not exactly accurate, but, well, honestly, I don't have to share a house with my readers, and I do have to share it with Peggy.

Here lives a very wise man. ^_^"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children