Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme selection issue
Theme selection issue
I thought I'd seen this issue mentioned before (lost in the transfer when you reset the thread index Bob?) but I can't find it at the moment.

Anyway, I was playing with the Theme selection while NOT logged in and selected the Simple theme.  Then I found that the theme selector wasn't there any more.

I got to the previous theme by hitting back.  However I then backed to the Main page then came back in, but the theme was still Simple.  I'm assuming it is because it was the last theme I had selected.

Logging in to report this, my logged in theme is the default (SanFelix?).

So, I guess the problem is the Simple theme doesn't have the theme selector available.

Also, selecting the SanFelix theme to make sure reset the theme when I logged out.
RE: Theme selection issue
It took me a while to figure out how to undo that, too.

To force a theme change from any theme:
  1. Log in.
  2. Select "User CP" (usually at the top-left corner of the screen)
  3. On the Control Panel, under "Your Profile", select "Edit Options"
  4. Under "Other Options", select your preferred Board Style from the dropdown menu (in the default style, it's at the bottom-right corner of that page), then click or tap on "Update Options"
That should do it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Yes, it probably was lost during the Great Fatfinger Escapade. Thanks, Rob, for that answer -- and to extrapolate it a bit, based on my experience with MyBB so far as both user and admin, there's at least two ways of doing most anything you'd want to do. It's just a matter of finding it.

That said, please be patient with me. I am learning this thing at the same time you are, and a lot of these extensions have been "looks good, let's install that." And as I recall, the Simple theme was requested by someone, and I didn't look at it closely. Which I probably should have.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
IIRC, that "someone" was me... and I didn't look at it closely, either.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(09-12-2017, 05:00 PM)Cobalt Greywalker Wrote: I thought I'd seen this issue mentioned before (lost in the transfer when you reset the thread index Bob?) but I can't find it at the moment.

That would have been me, and it wasn't lost in the fatfinger episode although another complaint I had about the Simple theme was. It was, however, posted as a reply in another thread and not in its own thread, so that may be why you couldn't find it.

EDIT: Here it is.