Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Open] Limits are made to be Broken??
[Open] Limits are made to be Broken??
In: Boards > Soc > Crows

CuriusCorvid (Original Poster)
Posted on April 09th, 2024:

In: Asagiri Mz-23 Electronic Attack Systems will operate at police radar frequencies

As the thread title said.

It's long been known that they're able to detect most police radar and laser systems if you jump pins ***REDACTED*** and activate the system without the PEPPER card. But I've been able to prove that they don't just detect police radars- when that little magic light comes on on the dash it's not just warning you to slow down, it's letting you know that it's keeping your wallet safe.

I know because I passed a KCPD patroller at a speed well north of the official limit on the ring road and the only reason he stopped me was because he clocked me at a steady ten under the limit while I was obviously going faster than traffic he'd just tagged doing ten over. I pulled the link cable and he ran the gun over it again and it gave out a clean result so I didn't get the big ticket.

He put it down to an equipment malfunction and let me get on my way.

It's enough to satisfy him. It's not enough to satisfy and old Crow like myself.

Now, sure enough I get home and I have my hangar I hook it up and I shoot it all sorts of police frequencies and nothing happens. It detects the radar but it's not answering. Even when I trick it into thinking it's moving at speed by fooiling the Nav and Speedometer, it just and just flashes the magic light. It doesn't radiate anything back

I don't get my answer until I'm down in mundania and pass one of thse 'Votre Vitesse' signs.

It reads ten under the limit. Far slower than I was going.

Pass a second one.

Ten under again.

Pass a third one going five under. I get the magic light, but it shows my true speed.

Speed past the same one at five over, and I'm suddenly doing ten under again.

Now.  I don't think this is a bug. But how's it making the call?

And then I realise, the bike's also got a sign-spotter. Back in the hanger, I figure a way to fake a speed sign detection and sure enough, if it spots a sign, recognises it's going faster than the speed limit, and detects a radar or laser signal, it responds not just with a warning, but by actively jamming it.  And not just in the old barrage jamming that most primitive automotive systems like to use and which usually get spotted - it's using DRFM techniques to generate a false return and cause the radar to report a spuriously low speed. 

Now, I got to say, whoever put that in there is either really dedicated to their speeding to use military-grade techniques and hardware a s a police jammer, or they're just showing off a little taster of what it can do to military sensors if you buy the full PEPPER package. I don't have the security certs to do it and see what the unlock achieves.

But, if you've got one, give it a try.

-CC
(What does this button do.

------

I don't even know if this is interesting or not. But why the hell not. If someones interested in having a volkswagen allegory or what....

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.