Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's late September and we really should be getting cool...
RE: It's late September and we really should be getting cool...
We had the Shnow there yesterday.,

Well, parts of the country did. The rest had the rain. Tonight everywhere gets the freeze and tomorrow everyone gets to work at least an hour late.

Everyone's on summer tyres, and most of those are chinese bakelite hoops so the predictable has been happening even on the cleared roads. Figured everyone would take the coast road from the Hook to Dublin and either get stuck in an accident, or behind some aul coffin dodger afraid to go above and that nobody in their right mind would cut west over the Mullinavat road from New Ross and join the motorway which would definitely be clear.

I was fucking right!

Slush on refrozen ice. And summer tyres. And rear-wheel drive. Still got home only five minutes slower than the usual 2-hours. Gmaps says the other route would've taken three with two accidents along the way.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's late September and we really should be getting cool... - by Dartz - 12-10-2017, 05:34 PM