Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaaah. Barely Awake.
Gaaah. Barely Awake.
I woke up at 3:30 AM this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  I was barely functional enough to drive into work, but I forgot my keycard and my thumbdrive.  We have a production push tonight.  There's a company social event this afternoon at a local bowling alley.  And on top of everything else Peggy wants me to take her shopping when I get home.   Gaaaaaaah.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Gaaah. Barely Awake.
Coffee. Strong coffee. (Be sure to stay hydrated)

Or a suitable caffeinated beverage.

Or if you really hate your kidneys and teeth, one of those "8 hrs energy in a can" monster sports energy drinks.

Other then that.... take it slow and steady and enjoy the crash when it comes.
Just as I knew all of Life's Answers... they changed all the Questions!!
Quote:
There is one thing you don't put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existance, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap.
And what would that be sir?
Me.
- Dr Who
Peggy has relented on the shopping request. Everything else... hasn't.

On my fifth (I think) cup of coffee this morning. That wouldn't be so bad if I actually liked coffee. But I don't. (One advantage of that is that I don't care if it's good coffee or bad coffee. It all sucks to me.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Be careful, Bob. One memory from my Army days that's particularly stuck with me is the time, after three or four cups, I realized I could feel my whole body vibrating.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
You'll also be up all night. Like beer, one does not buy coffee, one merely rents it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(10-19-2018, 12:53 PM)DHBirr Wrote: Be careful, Bob. One memory from my Army days that's particularly stuck with me is the time, after three or four cups, I realized I could feel my whole body vibrating.

Military coffee tends to be rather more caffeinated than civilian coffee for so far I've heard.

That said, at 5 cups in the morning alone it's time to start cutting back, especially when you're not used to drinking caffeinated beverages. Caffeine poisoning is a thing that can happen. The final stages of which (prior to loss of conscience) is apparently a few minutes of experiencing bullet time.
Nope, I wasn't vibrating. I'm not unused to caffeine -- I tend to drink gunpowder green tea at work and only move up to coffee when I need more caffeine per unit volume -- and in general that much caffeine just makes me headachy later. I did in fact stop at five cups, though I had two diet cokes at the social event afterward. I'm not exactly crashing now, just sort of slowly coasting to a stop.
-- Bob

Take it easy tomorrow morning, please.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Could have been worse.  He could have gone for Dr. Dinosaur's Perfectly Ordinary Coffee.  Wink

(Really, my hat's off to him for getting the guys at Atomic Robo to go with that.  But then again, the staff at Atomic Robo is probably one of Funranium's biggest customers.)
Sudafed and Red Bull have gotten me through some very long days after some very short nights - but it's a bit like adding nitro to an engine. It can be dangerous.

It's been a while since I've had to but it basically got me through my final year project in college.

It has to be the proper sudafed though, with the ephedrine in it. The half-arsed stuff will just about clear your head.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.