Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
So basically, what you are saying Morgan is that the big problem is that American culture creates a populace that's more murderous than the Western average and that the tools have limited to no impact on this? This sounds to me then like the US really needs to reconsider its culture.

Also, I'd happily work on the individual murders thing too, but people just plain don't care about those beyond the most minor of acknowledgements. 30 people shot in a month in the same city doesn't draw as much attention as 30 people shot in the same event, even if you see something like that only once every 3 months or so instead of every month or faster in major US cities.

As for the paperwork snafu resulting in the confiscation of license and guns... You complain about me looking at the tools but not the hands, but in this case it seems to me that the SAFE Act was working very much as intended by removing the weapons from the possession of someone that as far as the authorities knew was a risk to himself or others. That this was a result of a paperwork snafu is of course something that needs to be addressed and if as such there was no reason to invoke the SAFE Act those possessions and rights should be returned to him with all due speed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control" - by hazard - 10-11-2017, 05:33 AM