Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
Something that I don't expect anyone here to have an answer for:

(11-23-2017, 06:09 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: ...
That's a very important word there, "people".  In fact, it's right in the preamble of our Constitution - the very first words in the very first line.  From the word go we decided on a system of government that derives its power from its people and not any one person or group of persons.  Everyone that is a citizen of this nation has the right to say, "No, this is not what I wanted."

And the ultimate expression of that sentiment is by way of revolution.  The Second Amendment guarantees that so we have the option to overthrow our government by force of arms should it fail to represent and serve We, The People.
(11-23-2017, 06:09 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: ...
The thing is that this is what a overhauled, reformed, and digitized background check system is supposed to be for.  A state-operated mental health system would have the ability to red-flag a person in a database that has mental issues that renders them a danger to themselves and/or other, and should not be permitted access to firearms (or any weapons for that matter).

How can the second quote be implemented without including the first quote as something the second needs to treat?

Armed violence certainly seems to me to be a sign of mental illness. EDIT: In private or law-enforcement hands, that is. Military use of force is a different matter.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control" - by robkelk - 11-23-2017, 08:54 AM