Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
(03-26-2018, 11:34 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I'm wondering what new scare tactic the NRA is going to come up with to make people buy more guns, because you know this has to have them frantic about other companies going under.

Of course, bankruptcy doesn't mean "out of business", and from what I've already read earlier this morning they aren't closing up shop, at least not yet.  ...

Since there might be some folks here who only read the first few sentences in a story, I'll quote the final six paragraphs here - just so we're all on the same page.

Quote:In 2017, firearm background checks — a good barometer of sales — declined faster than in any year since 1998, when the FBI first began compiling that data.

But there were clear signs that gun sales, even as production increased, were already in decline. By 2015 Colt Holdings Co., another storied gun maker, had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Profit growth at Sturm, Ruger & Co. is under severe pressure and the company's shares are down 18 per cent this year.

Some of Wall Street's heaviest hitters are stepping into the national debate on guns as investment firms ask firearms makers what they are doing about gun violence.

BlackRock is a major shareholder in gun makers Sturm Ruger, American Outdoor Brands and Vista Outdoor Brands. About a week after the shooting in Parkland, BlackRock said it wanted to speak with the three firearms makers about their responses to the tragedy.

It's also looking into creating new investment funds for investors that exclude firearms makers and retailers.

Yes, the people who put the Almighty Dollar ahead of human lives have reason to be worried.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control" - by robkelk - 03-26-2018, 03:10 PM