Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
(06-30-2018, 06:50 PM)Rajvik Wrote:
robbelk Wrote:Please provide examples of where the USA has gun control laws in place and functioning. I'll set the bar low: give me a jurisdiction that comes within 75% of the restrictions enforced in Canada.

I don't know what the gun control laws are in Canada, so I honestly couldn't say, however I hear and believe that the three cities with the tightest gun control laws in the US are Chicago, New York and Baltimore. I admit that could be wrong, but just Chicago alone, if true, should be enough to refute those arguments.

Chicago has a problem; Chicago is part of the USA, and IIRC Illinois (the state it's in) has very permissive gun laws. It's just the city that's so restricted.

Because of this there's no barrier whatsoever to moving a gun from outside the city into it. The sad but honest truth is that if effective gun control is to be applied it will have to be applied across the country. Or at least across a US state.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control" - by hazard - 06-30-2018, 09:28 PM