Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control"
"Stay in your lane":  According to the NRA, doctors, including emergency-room doctors who've dealt with shooting victims, have no right to say anything about gun violence because they haven't consulted firearms experts.

Quote:“Someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane. Half of the articles in Annals of Internal Medicine are pushing for gun control. Most upsetting, however, the medical community seems to have consulted NO ONE but themselves.”

Good freaking grief.

One of the doctors who "shot" back was forensic pathologist Judy Melinek:

Quote:“Do you have any idea how many bullets I pull out of corpses weekly? This isn’t just my lane,” she tweeted Friday. “It’s my [expletive] highway.”

A Washington Post reader using the handle JMagnus remarked:

Quote:They have a point.  The lane marked "shameless, soulless merchants of death who profit by stoking paranoia and hatred" does not belong to doctors.

"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atombomb, the dread destroyer, who would some day come to end the world." — Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen, H. Beam Piper

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It's always too soon to talk about gun control" - by DHBirr - 11-12-2018, 04:34 PM