Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Titans Update
City of Titans Update
I'm sure a lot of folks are thinking, "what?  Is that still a thing?"  And yes, it is.  And they're in the final stretch.  The development team made a presentation at Pax West a month ago, and one thing the spokesman said during it was that they were expecting it to be completely usable by the end of the year -- in fact, he said that it could have been ready in just a couple of weeks if they had gotten a couple of subsystems fully integrated.

But don't listen to my paraphrases -- watch the presentation yourself:

For more information, go here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: City of Titans Update
I've been somewhat following their website for a few years now and seeing this pleases me, I sincerely hope when CoT finally releases that it will do well enough to self sustain! I still hope for a good CoH replacement and from what I see so far CoT fits that bill quite nicely.

..who doesn't want a Dance Controller? lol.

Y'all can bet I'll be all over CoT when it eventually becomes available as this is right up my alleyway.
Quote:..who doesn't want a Dance Controller? lol.
Well, I for one have no idea where I'll put the DDR platform... oh. That's not what you meant. <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I mean if you can successfuly control the game with a DDR pad then uhh..your a better man than I? *Grin* With my mad dance skills I'd probably be a collapsed heap on the ground with the surrounding items broken and all that jazz.

..me and dance don't get along. I might be a professional klutz.
...did they say if it would run on a Mac? I ask in fear.
Not in that presentation. They were less concerned with platforms than progress.
-- Bob

This isn't exactly breaking news, but I found it useful - there's a good Compilation of Information on City of Titans master thread on the official forums, last updated earlier this month.

Now, some of it is known out-of-date info, like the additional/second chance crowdfunding round still being penciled in on that document for 'end 2017' when we know that's clearly not happening by 2017. But a lot of it, like powerset stuff, mechanics, et al was useful to me.

(EDIT: Apparently the second crowdfunding round's been delayed because they want the character creator release first. But there's some technical issues with that. So character creator release to backers, then second crowdfunding.)

One big question of course - nevermind their internal pre-alpha being functional, nevermind 'it's nearly there', when can WE actually log in and play something? Fall 2018 - which I'd parse as 4Q2018, US seasons - is still the current target. What does that mean? Still alpha, missing content and level cap short of intended final goal, but no character wipes.

Eh, well, we'll see. I'm still cautiously hopeful.