Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I Lose My Mod Abilities Again?
Did I Lose My Mod Abilities Again?
Question 
Because I can't seem to do any of that in the There's Nothing Better subforum.

(I forget if this was an issue of the move that had yet to be cleared up or something that just got missed.)
RE: Did I Lose My Mod Abilities Again?
You know, BA, I don't think I ever gave you mod rights in There's Nothing Better after the move. Let me correct that.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And done. You should have all mod rights there now.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Thanks.

And oooh! My handle is all purple now. Gnarly.

Okay, so I see the moderator tools and the nifty little check boxes that lets me select threads to do stuff...

But every time I select a checkbox and try to do anything with it, (say, sticky a thread because some of them have become unstickied for some reason) it gives me this message:
Quote:Sorry, but you did not select any threads to perform inline moderation on, or your previous moderation session has expired (Automatically after 1 hour of inactivity). Please select some threads and try again.
I've already tried logging out and logging back in again and that doesn't seem to work.
Help?

Oh cool! It just appended my previous post rather than make it a double post! That is nifty as all get out!
What theme are you using, BA? If you're using the cool black-and-green SanFelix, well, inline moderation is borked on it. I have a possible fix for it that I need to apply, but in the mean time, all you need to do is change the theme. Go to the bottom of the screen and in the right corner you will see a dropdown reading "SanFelix" and a "Go" button. Choose "Default" from the dropdown. When you have the white-and-blue-and-black theme active, you can use inline moderation.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Fixing it is on my To-Do List.
-- Bob

(10-30-2017, 11:25 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Oh cool!  It just appended my previous post rather than make it a double post!  That is nifty as all get out!

Er.

Is that behavior overrideable? Because that sounds like it could be undesirable in several kinds of situations that pop up around here.

-Morgan, also not a moderator(ish) anymore! Not that there seems to be any need for that now.

Besides, I don't look good in purple.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
Quote:Is that behavior overrideable? Because that sounds like it could be undesirable in several kinds of situations that pop up around here.
I wasn't aware of that behavior. I'll have to do some experimenting and see exactly what happened and why.
Quote:Morgan, also not a moderator(ish) anymore! Not that there seems to be any need for that now.
No, I guess not, Morgan. Since I give you those rights on the old board I've gotten a fair bit better at CSS; between that and the interface MyBB provides the admin for changing style elements, I can muddle along reasonably well now. But in case I never said it before, thank you so much for all the effort you put in whenever CSS issues raised their ugly head.

I should admit to anyone who hasn't had their mod or admin flag turned on for the new boards that I'm not snubbing you or anything, I just forgot. I'm looking through the admin control panel for the Tapatalk version of the board right now to see who I missed, and let me tell you, while it is not impossible to find out what special groups -- like Administrators -- a person was part of, it's far more complicated and annoying than it needs to be. And worse, at least as far as the grandfathered groups (like the Yuku Administrators) seem to be concerned, I can't get a list of their members even though the screen presents the option.

(And damn! Tapatalk is slooooooooow compared to the new boards. Not to mention all the Cloudflare 502 errors.)

Anyway, if you had mod rights on the old board and still want/need them, let me know and I'll fix it.

EDIT: Found how to list members of the moderator group. Naturally there are problems. First, on the parent screen, Tapatalk says there are 8 moderators. On the moderator membership screen, it lists 5. It also doesn't list what they're moderators of. The forums don't list their moderators when you go to them, and the individual users' pages in the Admin panel don't reveal what boards they have moderator powers over. Dear freakin' god.
-- Bob

(10-31-2017, 07:28 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Found how to list members of the moderator group.  Naturally there are problems.  First, on the parent screen, Tapatalk says there are 8 moderators.  On the moderator membership screen, it lists 5.  It also doesn't list what they're moderators of.  The forums don't list their moderators when you go to them, and the individual users' pages in the Admin panel don't reveal what boards they have moderator powers over.  Dear freakin' god.

I wonder how much of that is fallout from them moving it over to their system? The changeover wasn't exactly the smoothest I've ever encountered </understatement>. And it's always possible that their system isn't as granular as Yuku's was. Another set of marks against them for me. Dodgy
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Is there anyone on the forum who still needs their mod status restored? I'm pretty sure I got everyone now who are registered and needed it, so I'm going to be striking out that entry on the to-do list, but just in case I'm sending up one last flare.
-- Bob