Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Forum Members in the US
To Forum Members in the US
We'll be off on holiday travel in a few hours, so I wanted to offer our wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to all our US forum members!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: To Forum Members in the US
Over the river and through the woods huh?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I think I speak for all of the Canadians on the forum when I say "wasn't Thanksgiving last month?" Smile

Speaking for myself, I hope you're enjoying your Turkey Day.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Black Friday shopping etiquette, from Bug Martini:

[Image: 2017-11-24-Cordial-Crushing.png]
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
A bunch of Americans moved in next door to us yonks ago. Sure enough, they invited us to their 'thanksgiving' dinner

But we'd read our history books.... do ho ho.....

...and had work and college to go to.

Of course, the Americans are long gone back home with the job. And we're still here!

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(11-23-2017, 07:05 PM)robkelk Wrote: I think I speak for all of the Canadians on the forum when I say "wasn't Thanksgiving last month?"  Smile

For me, Thanksgiving was Tuesday.  Big Grin   That's only partly a joke. My family's had a custom of having the big dinner at least a day early since I owned a small retail business and wanted to make sure I was there for Black Friday. I no longer own the business, but my sister, the emergency responder has taken over the motivation for early dinners by being routinely on duty Thanksgiving or the day after, and not wanting to deal with travel the day before a 24 hour shift.  This year, she decided that Tuesday was the best day for her to have the big dinner.