Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion Over Rules
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules
I think to myself, hey, I'm surprised this thread isn't locked, probably got unlocked during the move. I bet he'll lock it after I post. It turns out I'm a great prognosticator.

I was just trying to note the new site rules, not make a push into NSFW content. It doesn't really matter to me the standard, because I don't have a desire to write sex scenes. BA's rules sound good enough for me.

I do worry about Rob's logic, though. Someone could end up in jail for writing a scene with Belldandy in it, at all, because it could be considered blasphemous. Basing our editorial decisions on the laws of any country other than the one we're hosted in seems like folly to me, and almost all forms of speech are legal in the United States. (Exceptions in include threats, libel, national secrets, and other things very unlikely to come up in fiction.) Even then, we're skirting the edges of copyright law by the very nature of fanfic (something something transformative uses). The law is not a good justification for community standards.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
Discussion Over Rules - by Labster - 11-28-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Labster - 11-29-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-11-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-12-2018, 07:41 AM