Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another teaser from chapter two...
RE: Another teaser from chapter two...
Thanks for the typo catch; I've made the fix in the dev file.

Yes, Luna's being imprecise in the way that the average person would be imprecise about a technical subject they know little about. She's not a trained mage, but she knows how to do a couple things, the way someone might know how to replace a light switch without having all the skills and knowledge of an electrician -- and has about just as much technical vocabulary. What she's trying to get across to Usagi is that Doug's approach is very mathematical/structured where she's used to mages who operate semi-intuitively. (Not coincidentally, "semi-intuitive" is basically how I see Usagi in canon embracing and extending her magical takents. Doug's instruction is going to change that a bit.)

That said, I like your rephrasing a lot -- but it doesn't really sound like something Luna (both in canon and as I'm portraying her) would really say.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another teaser from chapter two... - by Bob Schroeck - 11-30-2017, 08:15 AM