Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama Senate Vote
Alabama Senate Vote
Folks in Alabama clearly have reason to cheer now:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/senate-alab...-1.4445615
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
RE: Alabama Senate Vote
A major implied shift in national politics. To an extent I agree with one of the cited Republicans though; had Moore won the 2018 election would've been much easier for the Democrats because Moore would cost the Republicans a lot of votes among women and minorities. And while the minority vote wouldn't hurt much, the women... Well. That would sting. Women have a surprising amount of influence in a household's political leaning.

Still, while heartening unless the Democrats get to 51 votes in the Senate I'm not expecting much unless Republican Senators can be convinced to run against party lines.
If I'm remembering correctly, the number of write-in votes was larger than the number of votes that Jones won by.

This wasn't necessarily a repudiation of the Republicans, just a repudiation of Moore. (And the horse he rode in on. Yeah, somebody was going to make the reference eventually, right?)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Still an improvement. Moore seems to be cut from similar cloth as Trump, and the public repudiating Moore would imply that voters will demand higher moral standards for Republican candidates.
(12-13-2017, 12:47 PM)robkelk Wrote: If I'm remembering correctly, the number of write-in votes was larger than the number of votes that Jones won by.

This wasn't necessarily a repudiation of the Republicans, just a repudiation of Moore. (And the horse he rode in on. Yeah, somebody was going to make the reference eventually, right?)

Now, don't rag on the poor horse.  The Washington Post also had an articleabout Moore riding that horse — and a number of readers commented angrily that he brutalized the animal.  Just four of the remarks:

Quote:carolyn686 asked:
Why is that horse so tiny? Doesn't he want to ride a horse sized for a man?
To which clipped61 replied:
Maybe he just likes everything smaller and underage.
debussy fields asked:
Why does Moore look like he's in a Lazyboy when he's riding a horse?
And dh1987 responded:
Because he's an abusive, incompetent rider who has systematically destroyed every nerve in his poor horse's mouth with heavy-handed relentless sawing and jerking. I say this as a lifelong horsewoman, as others have already.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."