Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becoming more politically active…
RE: Becoming more politically active…
(12-20-2017, 05:40 AM)hazard Wrote: Write to your state representatives and your Congresscritters.

Also, as an honest question, in what manner do you not fit the Overton Window?

I think I mentioned it before on the old forum, when I asked if I was even allowed to post in the politics section, or if my views would get me insta-banned like they do many other places, but to repeat, I am at once an unchurched atheist, and at the same time so far Far-Right that I'm right-wing by the original definition: I'm a monarchist — and not just "constitutional monarchy," but one in which the monarch does not just reign but rule and the hereditary aristocracy is also powerful. I am against pretty much every modern form of "equality", and favor a Confucian-flavored sort of explicit social hierarchy (Confucianism sees society as being a network formed of five basic kinds of bonds between people, four of which are explicitly hierarchical). I'm a fan of Arnold Amalric (of "kill them all, let God sort them out" fame), the Inquisitions, and the Crusades. I think the American Revolution was a mistake and the "Founding Fathers" vile traitors all. In short, by the standards of probably everyone else here, I'm some kind of evil super-villain.

Quote:Also also, given you do not fit the Overton Window you want to have very good arguments as to why your position is a good position. Also polish your debating skills so you can dismantle any opposing arguments properly.

Any good ideas for how I can polish those debating skills?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Becoming more politically active… - by TheTwisted1 - 12-20-2017, 06:24 AM