Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becoming more politically active…
RE: Becoming more politically active…
(12-20-2017, 06:32 PM)Labster Wrote: I really have no suitable answer to OP.  I have no idea how to bring about that kind of change, or find others who would be into that.  Maybe hang around beer halls in Munich?

Having gotten involved with the local branch of my political party, I would recommend people against getting involved with the local branch of a political party.  If you're thinking of running for something, you have to be involved in the party; if you're good at fundraising, you probably should be.  But outside that, there are more effective and fun ways by finding a PAC with a larger grassroots arm.  For liberals, that's Indivisible or MoveOn.  Or find a candidate you like, and volunteer for them.

(Not implying you're a Nazi, there were plenty of anarchists and communists in that milleu too.)

Except that "PACs with a larger grassroots arm" seem to be entirely a left-wing thing. There is no "right-wing MoveOn"; right-wing orgs seem to all be "think-tanks" and/or just looking for money. And none appear to be truly far-right.

And don't worry about implying I'm a Nazi, I'm used to being outright called that and worse, and treated like human scum that deserves a slow, painful death, by most folks I ever discuss politics with. (Except perhaps the "alt-right" types, who are more likely to denounce me as a "paid Jewish infiltrator" when I criticize their "God-Emperor Trump" nonsense and point out how their ridiculous plans for "one neat trick" to "totally defeat the Left" cannot possibly work.)

Hazard,

Come off it. The "Trump as Caesar" narrative is ridiculous when the "Alt-Right" types push it, and it's ridiculous when the Left pushes it. And contrary to what some loud voices keep saying, local Republican offices are not jam-full of "fascists" just salivating to commit mass-murder. Instead, they're pretty much the same-old "establishment" sort content to play the Washington Generals to the Democrats' Harlem Globetrotters. And I'm just as much anathema to them as I am to the Democrats.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Becoming more politically active… - by TheTwisted1 - 12-20-2017, 09:39 PM