Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In The Spirit of the Season: Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap
In The Spirit of the Season: Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap
A NASA engineer gets revenge on the scum who steal packages from people's doorsteps:

ETA: Oh, and there's an article on CNBC about the guy and the video.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: In The Spirit of the Season: Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap
I linked that video in the Video madness thread. 8)
Oh yeah. Took me a bit to getting around to seeing this one.

I think I would have just had a box with a plastic container. Inside, there would be an nice looking cellphone... in a rather rugged case. The phone would have a program that works similar to the device Mark Rober used - activating the GPS and camera only once movement has been detected, and uploading the footage to the cloud.

However, the kicker is this: the phone would be covered in one of the most disgusting chemicals known to mankind: Thiols. The moment they touch the phone, they won't be able to get the smell off of them for days.

Hee-hee-hee... Cheaper and probably even more effective. They will never another package, ever again~.

Only trouble is that I'd probably need to borrow a lab to apply the thiols to the phone. I think the Chemistry department at my school will find the idea amusing enough to go for it.
Just as a follow-up, the internet discovered that the original video contained people who were asked to steal the box. Basically, the friend he loaned it to, it was "stolen" by the friend's next door neighbor. He ended up cutting a few minutes out of the video -- but then one starts to wonder if the rest of it was staged, too. I mean, how would you not notice that on the GPS? Still, great engineering.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto