Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truly there are no new ideas under the sun.
Truly there are no new ideas under the sun.
Because I am perennially bored at work (especially towards the end of the month) I end up trawling various boards for something interesting to read. So I'm in Sufficient Velocity's Worm ideas thread and look what I find:

Quote:I think this might have been suggested somewhere else, but what about a power based around soundtracks?

The implementation's not quite the same as Doug's, but boy was that a surprise when I stumbled over it. Big Grin
Mr. Fnord on FFN and Mal3 on AO3 Conceptual Neighborhood - yet another damned sci-fi blog • The Westerosi (ASoIaF) The Westerosi II: Subprime Directives: Extradimensional horrors threaten the Seven Kingdoms, and Captain Hasegawa of the Starfleet Rangers has to stop them. If she accidentally conquers Westeros in the process... oops?Fenspace (shared world)

"It is your job to personify the tyranny of the majority. You must brutally, ruthlessly oppress and persecute the fuck out of the poor misunderstood disruptive creep minority so that the privileged nerd funhaver status quo can be maintained. It's a thankless job, but somebody's got to do it. Fun Über Alles, all hail the Fun Tyrant, without him our campaign is lost." --SA user Angry Diplomat, on the GM's role.
RE: Truly there are no new ideas under the sun.
Hm. Yeah, a very different angle on the idea, indeed. Thanks for the shout-out there, btw.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Truly there are no new ideas under the sun.
I don't know if this is the same bunch of people, but a reader just sent me an email with a link to a very similar writing exercise on Reddit.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....