Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kodomo no Omocha
Kodomo no Omocha
If you haven't seen this yet, you should get yourself over to Kodocha Anime and buy yourself a few dozen episodes. (Don't worry, they're very reasonable -- something like 3 tapes of five or six eps each for $19.) In short, this is the story of an eccentric and hyperactive 12-year-old actress named Sana Kurata, better known simply as Sana-chan, and of the cast of characters who surround her. I cannot adequately explain the series -- you really need to see it to understand some of its infamous bizarrities; to give you a bit of an idea what it's like, I once described it thusly:
Quote:
"Imagine, if you will, Marmalade Boy, as written by the Marx Brothers and Judith Krantz, on acid. And speed, can't forget the speed."
And I think that's all that needs be said on the topic.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Kodomo no Omocha
And, I should add, it helps in understanding why this girl would ID someone as 'Her Pimp' and not mean it in a way that sends poor Rei-kun to the Emergancy room via the Sangior express."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Doesn't explain teh 'lover' bit, though.
patience is a virtue, and I only have Aego.. [Image: koksig.jpg]
---
Kokuten DaysleeperRetired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
Doesn't explain teh 'lover' bit, though.
Until she actually develops something like a relationship with Hayama (and until at the same time Rei and his old girlfriend meet each other again and re-establish their relationship), Sana thinks of Rei as her boyfriend. Until he and his ex-girlfriend hook up again, he humors her, which really doesn't help.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.