Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
Back to the Unmarked Spoilers templates
So I finally went to reconcile these two, and I realize that what we have here are two templates with almost identical names with two wildly varying purposes.

One is a warning to the reader that by the very nature of the page its contents will include unmarked spoilers.

The other is a maintentance alert much like {{cleanup}} indicating that the page has spoilers that should be hidden and aren't.

They also apply different categories to their pages:  "Unmarked Spoilers" for the reader warning, "Pages with Unmarked Spoilers" for the maintenance alert.

Contrary to my earlier stance, I'm thinking now that we shouldn't merge these... but maybe rename the maintenance alert to something a little more indicative instead.  How do {{spoilers need markup}} or even just {{fix spoilers}} sound?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Back to the Unmarked Spoilers templates - by Bob Schroeck - 02-15-2018, 10:41 AM
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM