Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the wake of the Nor'easter
In the wake of the Nor'easter
Well.

We got about a foot of snow.

Half of one of the maple trees at the end of the driveway broke off and fell into the driveway, blocking our ability to leave.  Worse, it wasn't the known dead limb(s), but live ones.

The cedar which stands at the corner of our garage was literally bent double this afternoon under the snow -- until it snapped and fell on our car.  As far as I can tell, though, the car is undamaged, as the trunk that fell was fairly thin, as an evergreen it had full and bushy branches which self-cushioned, and it fell on such an angle that if anything got damaged on the car at all, it would be little more than a dent in the pillar between the windshield and the front passenger door.

Good news is, a couple guys just came around and starting in the morning tomorrow will not only dig us out, they will cut up the fallen stuff and haul them away.  They'll even check on the other sides of the house for other fallen branches/trunks.  Which we might have.

I'll try to get pics of the driveway disaster to post here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: In the wake of the Nor'easter
A "food" of snow, Bob?
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Okay, Pics (or it didn't happen -- and if I could make not have happened simply by not taking pics, believe me I'd do it):

First, wide angle view:

Closeup on tree-and-car:

And on the fallen branches blocking the driveway:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(03-07-2018, 09:45 PM)Pyeknu Wrote: A "food" of snow, Bob?

I just got done making dinner -- beef stroganoff.  Call it a Foodian Slip.  <grin>
-- Bob

Big Grin 
(03-07-2018, 10:03 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:

I just got done making dinner -- beef stroganoff.  Call it a Foodian Slip.  <grin>

LOL!  Hope it was good!  Big Grin
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

Watch out where the huskies go,
and don't you eat that yellow snow
- Frank Zappa
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
And our driveway's clear, the car is unharmed, and the guys we hired are taking away all the fallen branches. Life is good.
-- Bob

(03-07-2018, 09:37 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: if anything got damaged on the car at all, it would be little more than a dent in the pillar between the windshield and the front passenger door.

That's the "A" pillar in fire/rescue speak. Then you work your way through the alphabet as you move toward the back of the vehicle. Since I think even articulated buses have fewer than 26 pillars, this works.