Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadowrun (was: Now that Helen and Atilla have moved back to our area...)
RE: Shadowrun (was: Now that Helen and Atilla have moved back to our area...)
We had a little interim mini-session last week that I forgot to mention. Somewhat disturbed by how easily he went down, even though he was wearing rather good armor, Lukas decided to do something magical about it. He went to his friend Oskar and purchased the materials to raise his medicine lodge to rank 12, and also purchased training in the Increased Body +4 spell from him. (The lodge thing was because his revised plan (after changing his mind about the astral quest) was to create the spell from scratch. Then he thought to ask Oskar, "Say, you wouldn't happen to know...?")

Lukas is a quick study -- he picked up the spell in just an afternoon. And when he got home he cast it on himself and then Quickened it. He already had a Body of 3 (2 natural, +1 from bioware), so now he has Body 7, which should make it considerably easier to survive fights.

He also cast and Quickened it on Ylva, who was even more fragile than him. She now has a Body of 6 (and owes him some unspecified repayment for the points of Karma he spent on the Quickening).

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the big post above that at the start of the last session, Oskar was able to "cleanse" the knife focus of its toxic taint, and gave it back to Lukas. It's a +3 weapon focus, so as soon as Lukas scrapes together 18 Karma, he can bind it and actually use it.

But that's not going to happen for a while because he's got a couple more spells to learn, then cast and Quicken on himself and Ylva -- Increased Reaction 3, and Increased Charisma +4.

And Saturday's the next full session, so you'll see more here in just a few days.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shadowrun (was: Now that Helen and Atilla have moved back to our area...) - by Bob Schroeck - 10-02-2018, 06:02 PM