Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arabic writing on police cruisers angers Americans
Arabic writing on police cruisers angers Americans
Arabic writing on police cruisers in London, Ont., angers Americans

Never mind that it's a language in use in the city by a large minority of the population.

Never mind that it isn't the only non-Latin text on the cars.

Never mind that it isn't on every car.

Never mind that it's been there since 2009.

Some intolerant and xenophobic idiots are tying up the police switchboard with their complaints about how they think a single word identifying the car in a minority language has something to do with religion.

<deep sigh>

Grow up, will ya?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Arabic writing on police cruisers angers Americans
If there were nothing else to tell us that the person complaining is an ignoranus*, this would:

Quote:The writer also questioned why "police" is not spelled out in French, even though both French and English spell the word exactly the same.

* ignoranus, n. a person who’s both woefully mis/uninformed and also a bit of an @$$hole.
(I got that definition from a Washington Post commenter using the handle "Poo American.")
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
OMG, we should have seen this coming! You can't spell mooslems without moose! Pretty soon halal poutine will be flooding over the border!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Better halal poutine than Vladimir poutine, right?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(03-16-2018, 07:40 AM)robkelk Wrote: Better halal poutine than Vladimir poutine, right?

I should probably refrain from remarking about "putain" ... but I won't.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Is this where we revive the "Putin on a Ritz" memes from a few years ago?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
[Image: putin_on_the_ritz.jpg]
Yes.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto