Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And another board upgrade
And another board upgrade
Version 1.8.15 just came out a few days ago, and I only learned of it this afternoon.  I did a board upgrade about an hour ago, so if anyone got an error or something strange, you might have run into me in the middle of the process.  Everything should be just fine now, though.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: And another board upgrade
(03-21-2018, 08:13 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Version 1.8.15 just came out a few days ago, and I only learned of it this afternoon. ...

It's probably a good idea to wait a few days between the release of a new version and installing the new version, anyway; let somebody else find the bugs "the hard way". But only a few days - be on the leading edge but not the bleeding edge.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Hrm perhaps this is the cause of me not being able to log on here whilst using Firefox, or I've got the firefox security settings at Checkpoint Charlie & this forum's Verboten!
I can look, when I get a chance, which might not be for a couple days, as we've been called on short notice to provide crash space for friends for a funeral.

Edit: You wouldn't be having problems with a CAPTCHA somewhere along the lines, would you? Ebony's emailed me about CAPTCHA problems preventing him from resetting his password.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
It's not a CAPTCHA issue, my desktop version of Firefox just refuses to render the login detail entry fields & the submit button after declaring the entire forum unsecure from a combo of no https & a dislike of the certificate. Chrome & iPad safari don't have that problem. It's not a noscript or Adblock glitch as I think I've whitelisted some of the things here that they block.
Having no problem logging in at work, using Firefox 59.0.1.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I guess I should note that I have no problems at home with SeaMonkey, which uses a branch of the same engine as Firefox.

As for the https/certificate issue, nothing I can do about it now, but I've been doing research on possible new hosts. I'm pretty sure I'll be moving the entire site before the end of the year, to someplace that will fix that.
-- Bob