Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now someone needs to hurry and invent a Getter Reactor
Now someone needs to hurry and invent a Getter Reactor
Japanese engineer builds giant robot to realize 'Gundam' dream

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan...SKBN1HK0HX
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: Now someone needs to hurry and invent a Getter Reactor
Hmmm... Still needs a lot of work. Also, not the first one I've heard of being built at that scale. I think there was one being built in a scrap yard somewhere in the America. But it's a start, regardless.
Very nice.  Much better than the Pandora Utility Suits which Disney just revealed (for the new World of Pandora section of their Animal Kingdom park in Orlando):

Because, if you look carefully, you can see that it's really just a fancy stilt suit, and the operator's "legs" are just dummies.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I dunno, dummy legs aside, it seems to have much better locomotion.  Though that's probably just because the smaller scale makes it easier to pull off.

Really, I think that what we need is a system that will take a basic input from a pilot, and turn it into this:

(Unfortunately, it seems Youtube has nixed the audio, because copyright trolls.)