Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jawbreakers: Lost Souls
Jawbreakers: Lost Souls
Is anyone else interested in this one shot book:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/jawbr...ic-novel#/

Written by Diversity & Comics from YouTube

Basically Zack created the book to go up against SJW Marvel.

It only needed $5,000 to come out  It is way past that.  So, it is going to come out.
RE: Jawbreakers: Lost Souls
Well it looks like Than van Scriver will be doing the cover art for the Indiegoo exclusive. it only needed $5,000 to be published. It has made it to $60,000.

This comic book is being hyped up immensely, much to Dc and Marvel's unease.
Why would Marvel and DC be concerned? One comic, no matter how good, isn't going to seriously impact their lines.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
To me it so far looks like a book that Image contemplated doing back in the day but the lawers squelched due resembling Marvel & DC IP. In that cover alone I'm seeing yet another Wilson brother, Blade, a possible ex-WILDstorm agent, an ex-SHIELD, then in the sample Captain America meets Howling Mad Murdock. I'd be more interested if they'd come up with a concept that needed more pages to tell the story.
Mm. The art was just concept-sketchy enough that missed the Captain America thing.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(04-18-2018, 07:17 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Why would Marvel and DC be concerned?  One comic, no matter how good, isn't going to seriously impact their lines.

To answer that question, D&C has been roasting SJW comics for a while and he has over 65,000 people subscribed to his channel.  Heather Antos once called for Zack to be physically attacked at a convention.  It's not the one comic, it is the 65,000 people who follow Zack.  He is showing DC & Marvel that they don't have to listen to that small group of women in Portland Oregon(the comics mafia) on who to hire and what to write.

Current state of Marvel characters:

Spider-Man sold his marriage to the devil
Two Captain Americas-one is a Nazi and the other is communist
Jean Grey made Iceman gay
Kitty Pryde looks she might going for a sex change operation
Tony Stark is dead and replaced by a young black girl by the name of Riri Willaims
The hulk is now a philosophical Asian man Bruce is Dead
Jenny(She-Hulk) just calls herself Hulk add looks like she is overdosing on Testosterone. 
The only straight white men in Marvel comics are evil or dead.
All girls have to be lesbians
Thor was replaced by a woman

I am not joking about what happened to the Marvel characters.

Here is Zack's YouTube cahnnel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrlzSqL...sJA/videos
Mark Waid just bullied Antarctic Press into not publishing the comic
How the hell did he manage that!?

Oh, and here you go, guys.
https://imgur.com/gallery/ZFsXUOf

Apparently AAP is trying to duck. Let's show them the futility of this action.
(In other words, please share the living daylights out of that.)
Go check some of the YouTube channels.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrlzSqL...OeT5jrQsJA
https://www.youtube.com/user/dtrod/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8nOGQ...oIOOUVK40g

But to be honest, 1930's gangster style threats against Antarctic Press

I know Bob wondered how this comic would rattle the industry. Guess what? It hasn't came out yet and the industry is already rattled

Apparently, Mark Waid and his bullies call harassed the hospital the president of AP works at. He is a doctor.

BTW, can this be moved to politics? This looks like it is going to get very political very fast
All this over a guy who wanted to make a 90s style super hero story with his own characters.

Oh well.

For those keeping score at home, the funding campaign has crossed the quarter million mark and is still going.
I'm still amazed Antarctic Press didn't know enough about this walking shitbag to consider publishing his book in the first place.
Yeah, everything I've been hearing about this tells me the guy behind the book is either acting like scum himself, or being used as a rallying point by people who are. AP is not the first place to get harassed over this.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Yaboizack is getting death threats over simply pointing out: Hey, if your sales are cratering after hiring a bunch of unqualified people to write your books and killing off characters to replace them with cardboard cutouts, maybe you should go back to what actually WORKS?

This makes him a 'walking shitbag?'
You do realize Mark Waid broke anti-trust laws in the harassing of Antarctic Press and breaking the the 1st amendment in preventing another person from publishing his own comic. Disney could be in very big trouble from the Federal Government. This is what happened to Bell Telephone.
AP and/or D&C may want to file a complaint with the appropriate enforcement agency in that case.
Mark Waid is not Congress - the First Amendment doesn't apply.

Anti-trust and anti-harassment laws, OTOH...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
No, he's a walking shitbag because he's spent years harassing and abusing people in the comics industry, especially women and people of color. He's accused people in the industry, including Mark Waid, of crimes such as pedophilia. He's sexist, racist, a horrible bigot that has made a career out of blaming minorities for problems unrelated to them and encouraging those of a similar mind to do the same. Having him scream about bullying is the classic 'oh, here's the real snowflake' joke.

Antarctic Press has a lot of trouble getting their comics into comic stores, given how it's all niche products like Gold Diggers, Steampunk, and (This is the big one) political parody comics. Those Trump in Mad Max comics, Obama the Barbarian ones and so on? That's one of their main moneymakers. Getting involved with Meyer would endanger that.
And just like that, Matrix, you reveal you have no idea what he talks about. You just took marching orders from someone else.
Whether he is or is not, no longer matters. Big Bang Comics and Disney via Mark Waid broke Federal Law in colluding to keep Jawbreakers from being published Zach has gone to the Federal Trade Commission over this.

And again, can this please be moved to politics or some where where the high tempers that will arise fit for that board. Insults are already starting to fly.
(05-15-2018, 04:41 PM)Berk Wrote: And just like that, Matrix, you reveal you have no idea what he talks about. You just took marching orders from someone else.

Or maybe I did my research, went and did some reading, even forced myself to watch a few episodes of his show. But sure, let's go with that if you want.
It's threads like this that make me miss the good old days of the Hays Code.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Okay, folks, keep this civil or I'll lock the thread. Berk, you're pushing it -- ad hominem attacks are not the way to make your case.
-- Bob

To be honest, I have always been firmly in the camp of separating the artist from his work.
So, beyond the politics of the authors , their followers and their detractors...
Has anyone raised any objection about the content of the comic itself? That is, if there is enough of/about said comic publically available to know what it is about and complain about it? A cursory look only reveal some panels with a bunch of dressed guys and a near-naked woman, and frankly I read too much manga for that to raise more than a shrug.
It's a 90's action comic about a group of super powered mercenaries with action hero personalities fighting a giant gorilla. So, any comic from the 90's.
Super heroes who have fallen from grace and fallen behind in power level are now mercenaries living in Africa They were hired to fight a King Kong knockoff and then they are going to protect the Kong from an evil warlord.

There is also Jawbreakers 1 & 2 in the trade as well. Basically the Jawbreakers get recruited by Silkworm's daughter to kill God-King. Think an evil Franklin Richards at full power. The start of a redemption arc for the disgraced heroes known as Jawbreakers.