Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's about time! The third Nanoha movie's here!
It's about time! The third Nanoha movie's here!
And by here I mean it's in my hands & the main bluray title card's on loop while I'm typing here -and blocking the textbox thanks to powerdvd being on top. So yeah I've watched it and liked it, the OFLC will probably RC it as it stands, due to the production teams henshin fetish. I'm having trouble placing it in the timeline as it's apparently 2-3 years after the first movie everyone's still hanging around Earth (unadministered world 97) enough to warrant TSAB setting up a local office in TOKYO!! And yeah they took the Nanoha is a Gundam meme and ran with it as she fought giant robots & received a few upgrades. Then the darn thing ends on a cliffhanger. Aggh, the waiting resumes.

Edit: from here https://www.elevenarts.net/animedistrbut...reflection some of you may've caught it on the silver screen & looking at the other movies that company screened I'm thinking I've missed some that might've been done by one of the local distribs (saw Sword Art Online - Ordinal Scale with not seeing a bit of the source).
RE: It's about time! The third Nanoha movie's here!
Ahhh. So this would be why we haven't seen more Nanoha anime after STRIKERS.
(04-21-2018, 02:12 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Ahhh.  So this would be why we haven't seen more Nanoha anime after STRIKERS.

Probably so, part 3b is apparently due sometime this year, and I really should get around to seeing the TV series though new copies of it they want rediculose money for.
I wouldn't mind seing this in thetres....

Unfortunately we only get 'serious' animé movies to appease the arthouse people.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Ugh. The last "serious arthouse" anime movie to hit theatres around here was Perfect Blue, which... well.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Perfect Blue...don't think I've ever seen it, but remember the local arthouse cinemas screening it. For a time pretty much anything from Studio Ghibli was guaranteed screenings at one local arthouse & broadcasted on a government TV channel - MD knows which one- & I mentioned before the last anime movie I've seen in a mainstream cinema was the Sword Art Online movie and they mostly just randomly appear. Like for example for some reason a Love Live! concert is getting a 1 show only screening. Other anime movies I've lately noticed are only getting shown at distributor-run conventions & makes me wonder just what's going to appear next in a standard cinema.
It's a psychothriller about a celebrity and the stalker gaslighting her.

There've been a couple of occasions where nearby cities got stuff like the SAO movie, but it's over an hour's drive away and an inconvenient time -- and when they do show up it's one showing only.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.