Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reCaptchas
reCaptchas
This is a general heads-up:  Google shut down support for ReCaptcha v1 about six weeks ago, something I didn't know about until last night.  This caused a problem because when I started up this incarnation of the board, all MyBB supported was v1 and that's what I activated for use in registrations, new passwords and other such functionality.  And when it went away, it bit a couple users in the butt.

Anyway, I finally found out what happened last night, and have made the necessary changes to make things work again.  The important thing for folks to know is that I've switched from an always-visible reCaptcha to one that works invisibly in the background unless you meet some criteria for "suspiciousness", in which case you'll get the "I'm a human" checkbox and possibly the picture puzzle confirmation thingie.

If anyone has any future problems with the reCaptchas, let me know at either my eclipse address or through the board admin address.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: reCaptchas
Yeah, that's what's had me not posting at all.
RE: reCaptchas
I'm sorry for the inconvenience to you and the others.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....