Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editorial cartoonist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette fired for doing his job
Editorial cartoonist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette fired for doing his job
Washington Post: An American editorial cartoonist has been fired for skewering Trump. He likely won’t be the last.

The cartoonist had been working at the paper for 25 years.

The editorial director who fired him had been there for three months.

See some of the cartoons here.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Editorial cartoonist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette fired for doing his job
I read some comments attached to another article on this.  A bewildering number described Rogers' cartoons as "racist."  WTF were those commenters smoking?!

Edit: For the record, I visit the GoComics daily, and Rob Rogers' cartoons are on the list of those I "follow," so there's a bit of favoritism here.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(06-16-2018, 12:16 PM)DHBirr Wrote: I read some comments attached to another article on this.  A bewildering number described Rogers' cartoons as "racist."  WTF were those commenters smoking?!

They are Racist in that he often mocks people of colour (Specificly, the colour orange Big Grin )
(06-17-2018, 12:33 AM)Norgarth Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 12:16 PM)DHBirr Wrote: I read some comments attached to another article on this.  A bewildering number described Rogers' cartoons as "racist."  WTF were those commenters smoking?!

They are Racist in that he often mocks people of colour (Specificly, the colour orange Big Grin )

On reflection, and squinting a bit, I think I see a touch of racism against the entire human race ... 'cause, da-yamm, a lot of the characters he draws are grossly obese....  Check out, particularly, the MAGgot cheering Windrip's trade war on 5 June.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Rob Rogers has drawn a brief autobiographical comic about his career and how he got fired:  "I Was Fired for Criticizing Trump."
-----